Do I need ADR for Oct?

softballmom3

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry if this is a repost and I just missed it while looking but......we are going Oct 9-16 and since this is supposed to be a lower time of the year do you think I need to book advance ressies or just try walk ins? Last time we went in October it was '02 and we ate everywhere we wanted w/out ressies but that was a LONG time ago!!!!

I've been looking at the restaurants and haven't decided for sure which ones we want to do yet besides Rainforest (yes tacky I know but my kids LOVE it :)).

I made ressies for our upcoming trip from Oct 6-13th at 180 days. While I got everything we wanted, I did have to compromise on times. It is a slower time of year but w/ Columbus Day Holiday & the tail end of FD, I wouldn't take chances on the resturants your party is really looking forward to.....;)

I would make ADRs for sure because you're going at the being of
Food and Wine Festival. You may be able to get ADR at the other parks
but may be very hard now to get them at Epcot.

Thanks as I was looking I was starting to wonder the same thing and Epcot is the park I was wondering about....Now to decide where in the world we want to eat there? I have a picky family!!!

2002 was before the dining plan. Depending on where you want to eat and when, you will probably want to consider getting some reservations. If you know for sure you would like to eat somewhere, it's probably wise to make a reservation for that place.

Thank you for the info :). I decided to go ahead and book a couple. I booked Rose & Crown 7:25 pm, Liberty Tree Tavern (I know some don't like but we always do) and the tacky yet wonderful Rainforest Cafe. Everything else I'm just gonna play by ear. I don't mind CS but we r taking our in-laws and I know she will want some TS.

If we change our mind the day of, is it tacky to cancel----say the Rose & Crown? I'm sure others could use if we did, but don't know protocol on that.

I second the PP . . . since the dining plan, TS is a whole new ballgame! Make your ADRs, especially at the parks and "popular" resort/DTD restaurants (Chef Mickey's, O'Hanas, etc.) I know it's a hassle scheduling your dining plans, but it's better than wandering around hungry and mad that there's no availability anywhere...(been there---yep, during "slow" season)

We are going in mid-October. I made all of my ADRs at 180 days out. A few days later I tried to put some in again (out of curiosity) and some were already showing no availability (Ohana for dinner, for example). I periodically check to see when things book up. It's my warped idea of fun!

I have to say make ADR's. We have some made at Kona, Narcoosees, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown. We did NOT get times we would have preferred because they were full. The ADR's were made through concierge IP, they couldn't get them either. We will be happy with our times and grateful we are able to eat at our favorites.

The last October trip we took we saw so many people walking up for a TS meal and being turned away. That is sad to watch, when people are tired and it is hot, they have a group of 4-6 and can't get a TS meal.

I don't mind CS, but not for every meal, it gets old and sometimes finding a table is difficult for your party size. Goodness, DH and I were at Disneyland last month and almost had to stand to eat our (really not so great pasta). It was a Sunday evening right before fireworks, not exactly a prime time to dine. You can cancel your ADR anytime you like right up to day of (unless you are going to Victora and Alberts, California Grill and a couple of others) They charge a fee for canc. within a certain time frame.

Angel16

Just booked a girls only trip for the end of October and were not able to book some ADR's we were interested in. There was availability at many restaurants but just not at the most popular places or for particular times. I'm happy with what we were able to get, but if you have your heart set on certain places/times I would make an adr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter