Do I need to change my reservations?

Jejual

Jejual
We were originally a group of 5 going now we are agroup of 4. Do I need to change my dining reservations. Will I be charged for the 5th person who is not there? There are not to many places open right now and they would just add a chair for the fifth person at a table for 4. WWYD?

For any place that does not require a credit card guarantee or pay in advance (dinner show or CRT), it will be OK to show up a person short.

For ADRs where you pay in advance, you will not get a refund if you show up short.

For ADRs that require a CC guarantee I believe they'll charge you $20 for each person that doesn't show (so if ADR was for 5, and 4 show up, they'll charge $20 for the no show).

If I were sure the 5th person wasn't going - no chance of them changing their mind - personally I WOULD call & update the ressies out of courtesy if I had more than 1 ADR for 5 people. That way another family greater than 4 might be able to get a ressie they may not otherwise get. A party of 4 could fit in a booth whereas 5 may not & would probably have to be seated at a table. JMO :)

If I were sure the 5th person wasn't going - no chance of them changing their mind - personally I WOULD call & update the ressies out of courtesy if I had more than 1 ADR for 5 people. That way another family greater than 4 might be able to get a ressie they may not otherwise get. A party of 4 could fit in a booth whereas 5 may not & would probably have to be seated at a table. JMO :)

The problem is you can't just "update" an ADR.

The BEST thing to do is to make another ADR for the same time (or about the same time) for the correct number of people, and then cancel the original.

But, more often than not, you can't make a new ADR because the place is booked. Theoretically, you could cancel the one you have, and rebook right away with the correct number, but there is a chance someone might time it right and take it before you can rebook it, so I would advise not to do this.

I agree with the above poster....try to make ressies for four, and if what you want isn't available, then keep the ressies for five. I know a lot of us wait until the first available moment, and get up super-early to make sure we get our reservations...not to mention all the other park planning around those reservations! I personally wouldn't give my ressies if one person wasn't able to make it, even if it meant sucking up an extra $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter