Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called AKL and talked to someone there and they stated the same thing the reservation person stated. I also asked them if I could contacted the front desk using the phone in the room and they said, YES. She stated, "at all Disney resorts you can contact the front office at the resort using the phone. You will not get a person the checks you in, but you will get a person that works with them in the back room.
Are you sure you just called the AKL? In order to actually get to someone actually AT AKL you would have to be transferred after CONVINCING the person you have just called AT THE CALL CENTER answering/pretending they are AKL....and that would involve presenting them with a question they can not answer because they can't find that answer off their script/computer. They will either then put you on hold while THEY contact the hotel itself then return to you on the phone with the solution. Sometimes they will place you on hold and then actually connect you to the AKL (or said hotel)...but that takes persistence and insistence.
As far as being in the hotel itself and then picking up the phone in most cases you can get the back office of the hotel...but even that is changing for example with club level concierge....that now goes off site. (see Tikiman blog for the POLY)

Last edited:
So I called Yacht Club, Poly and Boardwalk and they all stated you will get the front desk when you use the phone in the room; and that the security employee can not demand to come in the room if you don't want him/her when you are there.
Good news.
But you called a call center (answering as YC,POLY,BW) not the actual locations just so you know...unless you went tru the above stated processs.

Are you sure you just called the AKL? In order to actually get to someone actually AT AKL you would have to be transferred after CONVINCING the person you have just called AT THE CALL CENTER answering/pretending they are AKL....and that would involve presenting them with a question they can not answer because they can't find that answer off their script/computer. They will either then put you on hold while THEY contact the hotel itself then return to you on the phone with the solution. Sometimes they will place you on hold and then actually connect you to the AKL (or said hotel)...but that takes persistence and insistence.
As far as being in the hotel itself and then picking up the phone in most cases you can get the back office of the hotel...but even that is changing for example with club level concierge....that now goes off site. (see Tikiman blog for the POLY)

I called back and it was a call center, but then they transferred me to the hotel in less than 2 min. You can reach the front office of the hotel with the resort phone and if someone is demanding to do a security check they will send someone up to your room right away to handle it.

SO ....I talked to three different CM ( always call three times for info) and and two of them read me some of the policy and procedures to the right to enter. The policy and procedures have change since they started this on Dec. 22. Anyhow, here is some of the new policy and procedures for the right to enter. - During your stay it is a one time security check unless you are staying for more than 8 days. If the occupied sign is on the door they WILL NOT enter. If you want to be in the room during the security check (which they would like you to be there) or to make sure they won't disturb you - then you set up a one time appt (depending on your stay). The security check employee, should leave if you ask him/her to (but they do have to inspect the room sometime during your stay), they can not ask you to step outside the room, they will not come in your room if you are napping, taking a shower or changing. A CM stated, anyone that wants more information or someone to read them the policy and procedures can call Disney (407-934-7000) and they will gladly help them.

I called back and it was a call center, but then they transferred me to the hotel in less than 2 min. You can reach the front office of the hotel with the resort phone and if someone is demanding to do a security check they will send someone up to your room right away to handle it.

SO ....I talked to three different CM ( always call three times for info) and and two of them read me some of the policy and procedures to the right to enter. The policy and procedures have change since they started this on Dec. 22. Anyhow, here is some of the new policy and procedures for the right to enter. - During your stay it is a one time security check unless you are staying for more than 8 days. If the occupied sign is on the door they WILL NOT enter. If you want to be in the room during the security check (which they would like you to be there) or to make sure they won't disturb you - then you set up a one time appt (depending on your stay). The security check employee, should leave if you ask him/her to (but they do have to inspect the room sometime during your stay), they can not ask you to step outside the room, they will not come in your room if you are napping, taking a shower or changing. A CM stated, anyone that wants more information or someone to read them the policy and procedures can call Disney (407-934-7000) and they will gladly help them.
Wow Good job! More seemingly up to date and accurate? info in your post then anything I have seen so far! Food for thought and discussion. Ya gotta love Pluto!

PS And so the logical question is whats all this about DVC daily trash collection and supposed housekeeping doing the so called security by entering each day?
Are you saying that they have nixed that? (they must have been reading this thread!)
And finally someone needs to set up a camera and film what they are doing in this so called one time inspection when you are out of the room...and film them while you are in the room.
They wanna inspect you, fine. We can inspect them too.

Last edited:
Wow Good job! More seemingly up to date and accurate info in your post then anything I have seen so far! Food for thought and discussion. Ya gotta love Pluto!

I don't think it is accurate. At least it doesn't match up with the experience of many posters who are there now.

Also if you read the Terms and Conditions on your reservation it states that all the notice they need give you of wanting to enter your room is knocking. No where does it state it is a one time check, and that again doesn't mesh with what posters are experiencing.

The only thing to trust right now that with this new procedure there is a lot of confusion. I would in no way bank on them only checking your room once.

I don't think it is accurate. At least it doesn't match up with the experience of many posters who are there now.

Also if you read the Terms and Conditions on your reservation it states that all the notice they need give you of wanting to enter your room is knocking. No where does it state it is a one time check, and that again doesn't mesh with what posters are experiencing.

The only thing to trust right now that with this new procedure there is a lot of confusion. I would in no way bank on them only checking your room once.
that four seasons over there looks tempting

This is why it is important for guests to be armed with information and know their "rights." Most things are usually not well thought out when making a new policy and procedures for a new objective. I think the policy will change several more times in the next few months or year. The policy and procedures the CMs read to me were sent out this past week so maybe that is the reason it doesn't match up to other posters experience. The CM did say they had some issues with guests and the right to enter when it was implemented and have worked/working on fixing it.

This is why it is important for guests to be armed with information and know their "rights." Most things are usually not well thought out when making a new policy and procedures for a new objective. I think the policy will change several more times in the next few months or year. The policy and procedures the CMs read to me were sent out this past week so maybe that is the reason it doesn't match up to other posters experience. The CM did say they had some issues with guests and the right to enter when it was implemented and have worked/working on fixing it.
They've been reading this thread! 63,000 views...1,000 comments, a percentage of em mine....but to me this policy is silly, confusing, ineffective, short sided, and invasive to whatever degree one values privacy)...
I bet you they are gonna tweet this thing down to something innocuous.

Last edited:

Hopefully this means Disney is actually listening to their customers.

They should probably update their sign then too because the "off to neverland" sign says they have the right to enter even with the sign up.
upload_2018-1-20_17-56-42.png
As a guest if it was a one-time check I want and should know that rather than feel like every day of my vacation must be watched carefully.

I don't get the 8-day thing at all :confused3. Are they saying they will check daily if 8 or less days but only once if more than 8 days? Or is it that if you stay 8 or less days you won't get a security check but you will but only once if you stay more than 8 days.

Also a one time check does nothing for safety. The guest who knows that and is planning on something can def. (well they could before too with daily checks) just plan it for after their 'one-time' check.

They should probably update their sign then too because the "off to neverland" sign says they have the right to enter even with the sign up.
View attachment 296789
As a guest if it was a one-time check I want and should know that rather than feel like every day of my vacation must be watched carefully.

I don't get the 8-day thing at all :confused3. Are they saying they will check daily if 8 or less days but only once if more than 8 days? Or is it that if you stay 8 or less days you won't get a security check but you will but only once if you stay more than 8 days.

Also a one time check does nothing for safety. The guest who knows that and is planning on something can def. (well they could before too with daily checks) just plan it for after their 'one-time' check.
The sign says "they reserve the right" it doesn't say "they will".
They've always had the right. They are just clarifying in up front on the tag.

The sign says "they reserve the right" it doesn't say "they will".
They've always had the right. They are just clarifying in up front on the tag.
Yes I know they've always had the right. That's not what I'm talking about and it's really not about "just clarifying"; acting upon and clarifying are two different things with this topic. They are actually acting upon by doing security checks, regardless of one-time or daily they are now entering your room whereas before it was under different reasons. It's a different policy they have at the present moment. Before they may have entered if maintainence was needed, or they may have entered if they thought something was up and now they are actually doing so with no maintainence needed and no "something's up".

They've been reading this thread! 63,000 views...1,000 comments, a percentage of em mine....but to me this policy is silly, confusing, ineffective, short sided, and invasive to whatever degree one values privacy)...
I bet you they are gonna tweet this thing down to something innocuous.
It’s far more likely they’re responding to feedback from actual guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!