Do people take things out of ecv

Leg restraint? What is it? Maybe this group can help figure out a way to secure it to the scooter if you tell us more. We are pretty good at puzzle-ing out concerns.

Generally you can keep a scooter with you for most things but there are some exceptions where it is left somewhere by itself.

Are you concerned about the new FOP ride? From what I've read he should be fine fitting on the ride with the AFO, unless he already has particularly overly-large calves. There is a thread pinned near the top of this forum about accessibility for the new Pandora rides.

But to answer your question...no, I would not leave an AFO in an ECV basket. People do dumb things and I wouldn't trust that someone thought it had value to them. Bring a string bag or something so you can carry it with you if he needs to remove the AFO.

Enjoy your vacation!

Are you concerned about the new FOP ride? From what I've read he should be fine fitting on the ride with the AFO, unless he already has particularly overly-large calves. There is a thread pinned near the top of this forum about accessibility for the new Pandora rides.

But to answer your question...no, I would not leave an AFO in an ECV basket. People do dumb things and I wouldn't trust that someone thought it had value to them. Bring a string bag or something so you can carry it with you if he needs to remove the AFO.

Enjoy your vacation!

And if he needs to remove at FoP, he can do it at the ride vehicle, and place it in the bin.

I know it happens but we use an ECV or WC alll the time at WDW and have never had anything taken. Just our experience. I worry about my beer in the cup holder all the time but it's always there when I return

We have over 20 trips over 15 years with a scooter and no problems so far. We even had a backpack a few times secured to the back of the chair.

Of course, nothing of real value is kept at our scooter while leaving it.

I have heard some stories about stealing through the years, but fortunately not too many.

O/t but how long is the walk in the fast pass line I am thinking if he leaves the ecv and his brace with the non rider in the party he can walk if my mom and I help him just worried about him falling

I would suggest he remain on his scooter. There is really no reason to jeopardize him or you or your mom. It's been very crowded and lines may be longer (time-wise) than expected regardless of actual distance (measured in feet or yards).

Enjoy your vacation!

I don't think I have ever risen a ride with dh in a ecv so excuse my ignorance so he rides the ecv to the banche in this case and where does the ecv go and how does he get it back

No need to apologize, it's a common question that most of us never think about until we need to know :)
Most queues are accessible to ECVs, at least to a point. If necessary a CM will pull your party aside to avoid stairs. The CM at the ride loading point will instruct him where to park - generally just a few feet away - and the ECV will be waiting when you get off the ride. If he needs to use the ECV to a closer point for transfer, just tell the CM. And except for Peter Pan and the PeopleMover, you can request for moving walkways to be slowed if that helps him.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter