Do SMSM rates ever go down as the date gets closer?

larissawbb

DIS Veteran
Hi!
We are here now at CBBR and decided to come back next March during my sons spring break. Since it will be a busy time we are going back to RPR for express passes. I looked at the rates and it’s 450 a night for a king suite under SMSM. I was wondering if the rate may go down closer to the date or an AP rate may be better? Or is 450 as good as it gets for a busy time and grab it now?
Thanks

Spring break creates higher room rates.
Quite possible the present listing for that room next year could change

You can book now to hold it and wait to see if the rate drops.
When it does, call and modify your booking rate.

I do not know if there is a cap on the number of rooms allowed with the SMSM rate.

Look at this years rates for the time period.
Could give you the price they went for so you know the high and low costs

Spring break creates higher room rates.
Quite possible the present listing for that room next year could change

You can book now to hold it and wait to see if the rate drops.
When it does, call and modify your booking rate.

I do not know if there is a cap on the number of rooms allowed with the SMSM rate.

Look at this years rates for the time period.
Could give you the price they went for so you know the high and low costs
Thank you. I’ll go ahead and book it then check this years rates so I have some idea of what to expect. I guess I’ve been lucky in the past to get that room for 300 a night.

King suites fit 3

Have read recently someone was allowed 4 in the room.

You might have a cheaper price if you go with the standard room and have two queen beds

I usually book the king suite at rpr and when my adult son is with me, I give him the bedroom and take the sofa bed.
Even with the remodeling, it was not the best sleep on the sofa couch.
But I am a light sleeper and like a firm mattress so it could be only my opinion.

He snores like mad so we have to have him in another room. I usually book two family suites at CBBR and put him in one of them. I can price out two standards as well. That’s a good idea. He was with us last time we stayed at RPR and didn’t like the sofa bed at all. We ordered a twin air mattress from amazon prime now that worked surprisingly well.

I booked a trip yesterday. I asked the agent for best deal and mentioned SMSM rate, she didn't know what that was. What do the initials stand for and can anyone get a SMSM rate? Thanks for your help

I booked a trip yesterday. I asked the agent for best deal and mentioned SMSM rate, she didn't know what that was. What do the initials stand for and can anyone get a SMSM rate? Thanks for your help
It stands for stay more save more. The longer your visit, the more that you can save. Anyone can book that rate if there are rooms available for it. It’s always been cheaper for us than the annual pass rate because we stay for more than seven days. That could be different during busy times though.

larissawbb is correct.

It is a general public code that anyone can use for a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter