Do some here have hotel reservations for June?

I wondered if either of you spoke to/heard anything from WDW/TA in the last couple days about what's happening with your reservations?
I booked directly with Disney, still no cancellation reservation still showing active.

I must have missed it... But what updated for the hours?

All of June’s hours were gone from the calendar last week, but now it shows hours starting June 14th for all parks for the remainder of the month. While I feel skeptical that all parks will actually be open, I wonder if this date may be at least part of the phased reopening for resorts and a couple of the parks or even just resorts (as was done in Shanghai where resorts and Disney Town opened prior to parks?). Feeling hopeful, but we should know more either Wednesday from the rumored task force meeting presentation for reopening or by Thursday morning if the next wave of cancellations continue!

All of June’s hours were gone from the calendar last week, but now it shows hours starting June 14th for all parks for the remainder of the month. While I feel skeptical that all parks will actually be open, I wonder if this date may be at least part of the phased reopening for resorts and a couple of the parks or even just resorts (as was done in Shanghai where resorts and Disney Town opened prior to parks?). Feeling hopeful, but we should know more either Wednesday from the rumored task force meeting presentation for reopening or by Thursday morning if the next wave of cancellations continue!
Ohhh right. I thought that happened before too when they changed hours so I’m kind of blowing that off. We will know more this week, I’m sure. :)

June 1-4 Fort Wilderness Cabin. Still active, not cancelled.
I just called Disney. The CM said basically said they will be closed, no diggity, no doubt.
But then it got strange.
He said Disney will never cancel my rez -> I have to.
He said if I don't cancel the rez, I will be charged for the full stay as a 'no show' even though the resort is and will be closed. (I did ask what would happen if I showed up anyway, lol - he wasn't amused.)
He said Disney has never cancelled reservations (in his 4 year experience) because they don't have the system to do that. (whut??)
Finally, he said Disney doesn't have my email & contact info which is why I haven't received an email telling me to call and cancel. (huh?? - I'm AP & DVC & got a confirmation email??)
To which I said, 'ok, thanks, bye'
He replied, 'bye ..... I guess'

Is this guy pulling my leg?
Did I misdial Disney & get someone who thinks Zoom bombing is a fun Friday night activity?
Am I in the twilight zone?
(btw, I'd love to be in the TZ tower of terror right now)

So, guess I'll cancel it...
I was really looking forward to having Ft Wilderness all to myself, but alas.

I just called Disney. The CM said basically said they will be closed, no diggity, no doubt.
But then it got strange.
He said Disney will never cancel my rez -> I have to.
He said if I don't cancel the rez, I will be charged for the full stay as a 'no show' even though the resort is and will be closed. (I did ask what would happen if I showed up anyway, lol - he wasn't amused.)
He said Disney has never cancelled reservations (in his 4 year experience) because they don't have the system to do that. (whut??)
Finally, he said Disney doesn't have my email & contact info which is why I haven't received an email telling me to call and cancel. (huh?? - I'm AP & DVC & got a confirmation email??)
To which I said, 'ok, thanks, bye'
He replied, 'bye ..... I guess'

Is this guy pulling my leg?
Did I misdial Disney & get someone who thinks Zoom bombing is a fun Friday night activity?
Am I in the twilight zone?
(btw, I'd love to be in the TZ tower of terror right now)

So, guess I'll cancel it...
I was really looking forward to having Ft Wilderness all to myself, but alas.

That is a strange call.

But FWIW, resort reservations are not being actually canclled until you get to the check-in date in question. We know that WDW will not be open for your dates, but the actual resort reservation will still show in MDE and will only finally go away on that check-in date. They'll process your refund within 7 days of that point (usually is quicker than that, also varies on the credit card).

Hope that helps.

Well, Disney just announced re opening for July 11th. Time to move our reservations to end of July.

I finally bit the bullet and called to cancel my early June room only instead of waiting for Disney to do it. The CM said payment would be refunded in 10-14 days. I asked about the park tickets I purchased for family members (I have an AP) and she gave me 3 options: extend to December expiration date, leave it as a credit and apply to my AP renewal, or refund back to original method of payment. I opted for the refund because I really don't know if I can get there before December. I'd rather the $$ in my pocket than in theirs.

Our DVC dates are in that weird no man’s land between the 22nd and July. We’re still going, and we’ll be wearing our full hazmat suits as instructed, and eating astronaut ice cream packed in our luggage as restaurant tables will be few and far between. There will be a 6 hour waitlist for the pool, or not, and we’ll just wait in the hot sun on a delineated square hoping to get through the gate when some other family leaves. It’s gonna be magical.

Any reports of cancellation emails, or do we think there will be a new email being sent out now until further notice?

Did you get your reservation changed before they shut down the system?

Yes, we are DVC members so we just moved our reservations to the week of July 13. 3 nights at the Poly and 3 at beach club. As AP, hopefully we’ll be able to get into the parks during those days.
It will be very interesting to see how things go.

We still have an active reservation for the week of June 15.... still hasn't been canceled yet.....not sure what to do other than wait.....lol

I have short stay booked starting June 22 at AKL (not DVC) and haven’t heard anything other than about the FPs being cancelled. I’m still completely willing to go hang out at the hotel for a couple of days if they let me - just not sure when I will know if they will!

Wow, Disney is making it so difficult!!

My original reservation was made for the Star Wars rival run weekend, but since that was crushed I rebooked for June 19 to 22nd. Baaaad timing.

I called today to see if I could push out a bit. Mostly I wanted to try getting it pushed to marathon weekend in January, but those dates aren't open yet. I asked for a random date in September, but they couldn't do that because the AP discount is only valid untill July.

I finally got frustrated enough where I just had the CM cancel and refund. I'm so disappointed in how this was handled.

However, I did find out that the AP will be extended by 4 months. So that's a positive anyway.

Good luck all!

My original reservation was made for the Star Wars rival run weekend, but since that was crushed I rebooked for June 19 to 22nd. Baaaad timing.

I called today to see if I could push out a bit. Mostly I wanted to try getting it pushed to marathon weekend in January, but those dates aren't open yet. I asked for a random date in September, but they couldn't do that because the AP discount is only valid untill July.

I finally got frustrated enough where I just had the CM cancel and refund. I'm so disappointed in how this was handled.

However, I did find out that the AP will be extended by 4 months. So that's a positive anyway.

Good luck all!
Critter - how long did you have to wait on the phone today? We are trying to change our June 19-23 trip and have been on hold now for going on 3 hours after talking to somebody initially. The first CM did say we would have to book a deluxe, which we already knew, but when we asked which were available, she then said she had to transfer us, and that's when we got stuck on hold.

Good luck all!

Yes, right now, the only choices are DVC or Ft Wilderness and at rack rate since those are the only ones open at this points.

Critter - how long did you have to wait on the phone today? We are trying to change our June 19-23 trip and have been on hold now for going on 3 hours after talking to somebody initially. The first CM did say we would have to book a deluxe, which we already knew, but when we asked which were available, she then said she had to transfer us, and that's when we got stuck on hold.

I only had to wait about 5 minutes. The longest part was verifying my info. I'm sorry that you're missing out on your trip too.. let us know what you find out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts