Do you even Poly, bro?

gmflash88

Mouseketeer
I tend to get long winded, so while I’m going to start by saying I’d like to keep this short, I’m sure I won’t...

So my wife and I opted for a short 4 day, 3 night stay at PVB as a “test” trip before we make a final decision on whether or not we will buy in to DVC and more specifically, PVB. More on that in another post...

Arrival on Friday morning. As expected, masks continue to be a point of contention for the masses. I’m speaking specifically about the airports, but nevertheless, when not in “the bubble” of WDW, mask wearing is still an issue. I could go on forever about that, but I don’t have the patience anymore. Flight was fine, MDE was great, and the room was ready before our arrival so we were straight to our room in Moorea (standard view) and all settled in by about noon. Went straight to Capt Cooks for the noodles/veggie bowl and the coconut meatballs. Pretty good. Not sure which we liked better since both were great. Got an Uber to the outlet mall to hit up the Character Warehouse, dropped some $ on merch, and went back “home”. Oh...it was about an hour wait in the virtual queue for the Character Warehouse. Wandered the resort for a bit when we got back, relaxed in the room a little, and then went up to Kona for our dinner reservation.

We split the Banh Mi Sandwich and Chicken Wings. Our server was great and she worked with us to get the Banh Mi on the gluten free buns. While it does drastically change the sandwich, it was nice to have the option as my wife is gluten/wheat intolerant. The wings were awesome. 100% will get those again!

Slept in a little bit on Saturday morning and I ran down to Capt Cooks for some tonga toast and coffee (the room coffee is gross made with the tap water). I got the standard tonga toast and the manager was OUTSTANDING at Capt Cooks and worked with us to get an order made gluten free for my wife. She actually called the chef upstairs at Kona and they made it for her out of the gluten free dinner rolls and brought it down for her (and we didn’t have to pay the Kona price lol!). Ate in our room and then off to MK. Stayed at MK until about 3p and hit some attractions that we love and found out the SPRING ROLL CART WAS CLOSED!!! NOOOOO! Whatevs...spicy chicken and waffle sandwich was out backup plan. Hopped over to Epcot for FArts. After I discovered I screwed up our dinner reservation however many weeks ago I made it (I reserved La Hacienda and not San Angel Inn by mistake), we decided to take in a bunch of the FArts foods. The standout was the blue corn pupusa by far. From walking into the World Showcase at about 4p starting in Mexico to walking out of Canada a little after 7p, we decided two things:

1 - We really enjoyed Festival of the Arts and agreed that we think it’s superior to Food and Wine.

2 - We’re never going to Epcot on a Saturday (and probably Friday) night ever again.

Without divulging anything, my wife and I had plenty of fun in our 20’s and I’m certain I’ve annoyed others with my antics during those times. But that ship has sailed and even in those times, I reserved that type of behavior for places/times where it was more typical or expected. Not at an amusement park where there are families with children. I’ll make a post about that separately, but it was pretty bad.

Fast forward to today... Slept in. Had Capt Cooks in our room again. Breakfast platter for the wife, tonga toast again for me. Headed over to DS for the afternoon. Dropped more $ on merch, had walk up “dinner” at 3pm at Che Fartsmith’s (fart jokes are funny even if they are overdone), and grabbed cookies and tshirts from Gideons. Back to the room to relax and pack up. Wanted to catch the Electrical Water Pageant and have a Dole Whip so we headed down at 8:30p only to find out the water pageant came at 7:45. It’s a little annoying that the website didn’t have the correct info, but had we asked a CM, we would’ve been informed to be on the beach at 7:30. Oh well. Next time...

Tomorrow morning we fly home. This is the shortest Orlando trip we’ve ever done, but it was a nice weekend away to celebrate my wife’s birthday and do a little more research ahead of our pending DVC purchase.

PS: I’m not sure what the etiquette is here regarding the following, so I’ll keep it vague: If the DISBoarder that rented us the points reads this (and I’ll be sending this person a direct email), I want to say thank you very much for the points and we had a great stay thanks in no small part to you!

PPS: If anyone that reads this is an Accountant, please message me directly as I have a question for you. Thanks in advance!

From walking into the World Showcase at about 4p starting in Mexico to walking out of Canada a little after 7p, we decided two things:

1 - We really enjoyed Festival of the Arts and agreed that we think it’s superior to Food and Wine.
2 - We’re never going to Epcot on a Saturday (and probably Friday) night ever again.

Agree with #1
Agree with #2

OP and wife must've ran into some Epcot drinking teams :( Glad to hear y'all had a good time despite that.

Tomorrow morning we fly home. This is the shortest Orlando trip we’ve ever done, but it was a nice weekend away to celebrate my wife’s birthday and do a little more research ahead of our pending DVC purchase.

PS: I’m not sure what the etiquette is here regarding the following, so I’ll keep it vague: If the DISBoarder that rented us the points reads this (and I’ll be sending this person a direct email), I want to say thank you very much for the points and we had a great stay thanks in no small part to you!

PPS: If anyone that reads this is an Accountant, please message me directly as I have a question for you. Thanks in advance!

We had an awesome short trip at Poly a couple of weeks ago (short 3 night stay). It was our first experience there but won't be the last, I loved the relaxing feeling of the resort. We loved it so much that for our 16 day trip this summer we booked all at Poly again. I am counting down the days....

during covid, I'd stay out of all parks on weekends. That's when the locals, go. I'm not a fan of poly to stay, we had a room that was to small for two people, let alone 3-4 they say they hold. studios are really re muddled hotel rooms, at least that's what we got. But to each. AND how about that dole whip??? I'm drooling just reading about it. For my opinion, Poly has the best food in the entire resort, best quality, variety, and lots of flavor and many options as you have reported. The pool is awesome and the location is hard to beat.

during covid, I'd stay out of all parks on weekends. That's when the locals, go. I'm not a fan of poly to stay, we had a room that was to small for two people, let alone 3-4 they say they hold. studios are really re muddled hotel rooms, at least that's what we got. But to each. AND how about that dole whip??? I'm drooling just reading about it. For my opinion, Poly has the best food in the entire resort, best quality, variety, and lots of flavor and many options as you have reported. The pool is awesome and the location is hard to beat.
Could you explain about the room too small for 2 people ? Are you talking about DVC rooms?

Could you explain about the room too small for 2 people ? Are you talking about DVC rooms?
go to the dvc website, and explore, on it you will see a tab to see floor plans. the study rooms they say sleeps 5 are tiny! we had to keep suitcases in car, and take out clothes for next day before shower at night. it is SO tiny. they took regular hotel rooms, but in a second bath and called it a day. we love the poly, and we go there to eat , but I'll not stay there again, LOL. Only with 2 people, a short stay and if I didn't need sleep when the parks are back to late hours. That ferry toots it horn every 15-30 min. until about 1am. It got so bad we all just started laughing about 12mn. got up, and well, it was laugh or get mad and ruin that disney mood.

go to the dvc website, and explore, on it you will see a tab to see floor plans. the study rooms they say sleeps 5 are tiny! we had to keep suitcases in car, and take out clothes for next day before shower at night. it is SO tiny. they took regular hotel rooms, but in a second bath and called it a day. we love the poly, and we go there to eat , but I'll not stay there again, LOL. Only with 2 people, a short stay and if I didn't need sleep when the parks are back to late hours. That ferry toots it horn every 15-30 min. until about 1am. It got so bad we all just started laughing about 12mn. got up, and well, it was laugh or get mad and ruin that disney mood.
Did you make use of the drawers under the bed? There are two of them, quite large. Each large enough for several days of clothes to fit. Our suitcases also slid right under the bed.

Did you make use of the drawers under the bed? There are two of them, quite large. Each large enough for several days of clothes to fit. Our suitcases also slid right under the bed.
ah no, I'm not putting anything under a hotel bed... LOL. gross. They must have put those drawers in after they go SO MANY C/O. In fact, because of it, they comped us tickets.

ah no, I'm not putting anything under a hotel bed... LOL. gross. They must have put those drawers in after they go SO MANY C/O. In fact, because of it, they comped us tickets.
Ok, but that's what the space is there for. It's the reason for the platform beds.

You do know that the Poly studios are the largest on property? I'm guessing you typically stay in 1 bedrooms?

Ok, but that's what the space is there for. It's the reason for the platform beds.

You do know that the Poly studios are the largest on property? I'm guessing you typically stay in 1 bedrooms?
we stayed right when they first opened DVC there, like first month a couple summers ago, maybe 4. they didn't have platform beds then. glad to hear of the improvement.

I just stayed in PVB studio in January so no need to go to website. Just did not understand the statement of being small for 2 people. They are one of the largest studios in DVC. Had no problem staying in them for 6 nights with plenty of room for storage.
I'll also say that did not really notice the ferry toots and was staying in Moorea, closest to TTC.
Just goes to show every one is different!

I just stayed in PVB studio in January so no need to go to website. Just did not understand the statement of being small for 2 people. They are one of the largest studios in DVC. Had no problem staying in them for 6 nights with plenty of room for storage.
I'll also say that did not really notice the ferry toots and was staying in Moorea, closest to TTC.
Just goes to show every one is different!

When I first read this, I mistakenly assumed you were talking about a different kind of "toot"

We loved our Poly stay last month! We too were in moorea which made it crazy convenient to the TTC in the mornings. As far as the room went, we really like having that second bathroom, but I feel like some of the tub bathroom was wasted sq footage, but it really reminded us of a larger version of a DCL cabin. It was great for us and the 6yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter