Do you have a 2 park AP or 3 park?

2mickeys1minnie

<font color=red>we've turned into that same crazy
We will be spending a week at UO in August. I'm planning on ordering tickets from UT and then entering the park and hopefully converting them to seasonal AP's. We would also like to visit Volcano Bay. I'm wondering if everyone buys 2 park tickets and then adds volcano bay when they upgrade to AP? Or do I need to buy the 3 park tickets and upgrade those? Also do you feel it's worth it to get the 3 park AP? Thanks in advance:)

I have the 2 park preferred ap

I prefer pool sitting over water parks so a 3 park pass would be not worth the extra charge for my ap

If I do choose to hit Vbay, I would buy the one day ticket

If you buy the 2 park ap and find you love Vbay, it is easy to upgrade your ap to the 3 park ap

I have a 3-park preferred pass (upgraded from a 2-park when we renewed) and love it! Both times that we've gone to Volcano Bay, we've done partial days (staying at Cabana Bay so it is super easy to "pop over" for a couple of hours).

If you are fairly certain that you are going to enjoy Volcano Bay, I would go for the 3-park tickets and upgrade to the AP when you get there. I'm not 100% certain that you can "downgrade" a 3-park ticket to a 2-park pass, which would be my only concern if you decide that VB isn't for you. But don't quote me on that!

Also, keep an eye out for the passholder specials that usually are available for August and September. You can find some good deals on the dining plan, Blue Man Group tickets, photo pass, etc.

Down grading an ap is possible now when you renew your ap

But if you have already used it for Vbay, you won’t get a refund when you down grade

2 Park AP. Paid for a single day ticket to Volcano Bay. It was really nice, but I'll never need to go back there.

Last edited:
We have the 3park AP. We've visited VB twice so I think we got our money's worth for upgrading. We also have another day planned for VB in the fall. The nice thing about adding VB to an AP is that you're not feeling obligated to spend the entire day there as opposed to buying a day ticket. We like to spend just a few hours at the water park .

When I looked at pricing for the seasonal Florida resident AP, it was about the same price to get the 3 park as it was for a day at volcano bay. Even if you save 20 dollars, I don't know its really worth it if you ever plan to go again.

One day at Blizzard Beach was enough water park for me, so I have a 2 park Preferred AP. If I was inclined to visit VB, I think I'd try it out once before committing to a 3 park pass. You can always upgrade if you love it and want to return again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!