Do you have a favorite restroom? Advice? Suggestions?

otterpop

DIS Veteran
My family and I will be heading to the Kingdom later this month and we will have a good mix of some very young and some very old in our group. I’ve read many threads about "what’s your favorite _________ ,” such as "where is your favorite place you get your morning coffee?," "what do you like about Stitch's Great Escape?,” “where is your favorite place to sit for the FoF parade?”, but I have yet to see the following…

So instead of asking “where is your favorite place to sit,” I though something that would be very helpful to my group, as well as many others, is:

“where is your favorite place to go to the bathroom?”

Because of the wide range of ages in our group, I have a feeling that we will be spending a good chunk of time utilizing the restrooms. So, I have the following questions.

Is there a particular restroom (whether it be in a park, hotel, Downtown Disney, restaurant…) that you utilize more so than others (and why)?
Are there ones that are better for younger children and/or older adults?
Are there ones that sell feminine products (I know that sounds “hokey,” but in case of an emergency!)?
Are there ones that allow for a higher capacity, so that you don’t have to wait in a line to get into the restroom?
Are there certain locations that are more convenient than others?
Are certain ones cleaner than others?
Are there ones that are better air-conditioned than others?
Do all of them have toilet seat liners?

We haven’t been in a while, and from a lot of useful information that I have read posted here, is that Disney has been increasing the theming of everything; the queue's, the restaurants, everything. Have they been doing the same to the restrooms?

On our last trip a few years ago, I remember that we waited in line for over 15 minutes to get into a bathroom near Splash Mountain. In addition, when we finally got in, the restroom was disgusting! I told myself never again, so hopefully I can get some useful information from this post.

Please post serious comments and suggestions only!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Been to Disney many times. This year, I "found" 2 restrooms that were huge and empty. The one is attached to Innoventions as you are exiting The Land. You would just walk straight towards Innoventions and veer to the right. The second one is all the way to the right of Imagination ride, then around the corner. It even had a flower arrangement!

I have a few family members who frequent the restroom for various reasons so I completely understand. I can't answer all of your questions but we have found most restrooms at Disney to be pretty clean and aren't too bad with wait times. At MK in no particular order we like one that cuts through I believe it is Adventureland and Frontierland. We also like the Rapunzel one in Fantasyland. We like the one near Cosmic Ray's. And, the one in the beginning of the park on the left side near the Roy statue. At Epcot I think every few countries has one. In FW they are in Living Seas and The Land plus outside of Spaceship Earth. There is also one near Mission Space. At DHS there is one not far from the entrance. There is also one near Star Tours and another one near The Muppets. There is also one near Launch Bay. Fantasmic has as well. I do not recall AK as well as the others but there is one near the shops and restaurants as you walk from the entrance to Africa and there is one right by where the performances are near the Safari and Pangani. There is also one near the Flights show and one in Asia. There is also one in Dinoland. I believe all of the parks have them right outside the gate as well if you have to go while waiting to get in. At MK there is one at the bus area. At Disney Springs of the few areas we visited there is one near the Boathouse restaurant and there is one near the Christmas store in the Marketplace.

Last edited:
@otterpop, (btw, I find your screen name to be very intriguing. I can't help but wonder the meaning behind it. Oh well. None of my business I suppose.) Anyway, I would have to agree about the restrooms way in the back near Splash. Maybe that was intentional so as to keep with the Wild West theme? IDK.

Also, I'm not sure if there are restrooms near Character Spot in EPCOT. But if there is, judging from the smell over there, they could certainly use a cleaning.

On a positive note, I find the restrooms in that are tucked behind Guest services in MK to be quite pleasant.

Also the restrooms at Tusker House in AK. I seem to remember something hanging on the wall outside those restrooms. For some reason I want to say it's a pay phone. But that can't be possible. Can it?

One good tip in the World Showcase is to use the bathrooms at the American Adventure. They are huge, so no waiting! The other countries have tiny bathrooms and there is often a line.

My favorite bathroom is in Cinderella's castle. If you're dining there, check out the little bathroom on the first floor, near the stairs.

I don't post often, but I find this quite an important topic! In my experience, some of the nicest bathrooms on property are: (and in no particular order)

Outside the Wave restaurant at the Contemporary
Grand Floridian (2nd floor of Main Building)
Agree on the American Pavilion at Epcot (the rest tend to be small and ill-tended)
Although small, the bathroom at the Brown Derby
Outside the Yachtsman Steak House
1st floor Beach Club
Bathrooms by the Crystal Palace
Agree with previous poster about the one by the Imagination ride

I like the one inside the castle. You only get to use it when eating at Cinderella's Royal Table.

@otterpop, (btw, I find your screen name to be very intriguing. I can't help but wonder the meaning behind it. Oh well. None of my business I suppose.)

just an fyi, otter pops are a nostalgia-filled childhood treat for most people (google 'em!)

I can't say if OP based it off the frozen treat or if they are simply an otter who loves pop culture ;)

I actually have a photo of my two nephews at about age 3 standing side by side with their pants pulled down to their knees urinating in the bushes outside Tomorrowland Speedway. We didn't notice what they were doing until it was too late, so my wife took a picture. Priceless blackmail stuff.

We like the bathrooms near the Tangled area - with the hidden Pascals. It is right near the Haunted Mansion in MK.

I liked the one by Space Mountain because there's a gift shop, and there used to be a smoking area right by there. My girl and I would get out of Space Mountain, we'd both use the bathroom, and then she'd go peruse the Disney merchandise while I lit one up real quick.

Alas, that smoking area has since been removed. Probably for good reason, too, it was way too close to the gift shop, and the smoke was definitely wandering in.

MK: Tangled themed restroom in Fantasyland (by It's a Small World. Its HUGE, super clean, and never crowded! I use the one by City Hall a lot as well.
HS: Star Wars Launch Bay/Animation Courtyard. A little out of the way, but nice and empty! I find Sunset Boulevard to be less crowded sometimes because its also tucked away.
AK: Expedition Everest. No real reason. Convenient location?
Epcot: IDK, I don't have a preference here. I will tell you one I do NOT like. Future World East by Test Track.

Great topic! My oldest daughter frequents the restroom pretty much everywhere we go! I will try to remember these and I'll also have to have her create her own list when we go this summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!