Do you have a ride/show you try to do first every trip?

Since we switched our trips from Spring Break to Food&Wine we hit Epcot first, usually getting to the IG around 11 am or so after checking into Board Walk. We make Soarin' our first FP+ choice but more often our first 'attraction' is that seen in the pic below.

Bill From PA

Ah, the Rose and Crown. Tis a Wonderful attraction!

Even if I'm not planning on spending the day in MK, I really try to head there first and ride Winnie the Pooh. He's my favorite character. I also make a point of heading over to Epcot on the first day to get a cider (or two) from Rose & Crown.

Splash mountain first thing in the morning! Seeing the castle from SM in the morning is the perfect start to a day. Too bad it's under refurbishment this week. :guilty:

I didn’t think we had a must do attraction, then on one trip we skipped haunted mansion and it didn’t quite feel right, so from then on we always fit it in.

Peoplemover in MK! May not be first day, but it is often the last ride. Also-for last few years lunch or dinner at Miller's Ale House (off property)

We usually do Splash Mountain first, but it will be under refurbishment so we are going to do the People Mover first and then Carousel of Progress.

I really don't have a traditional first ride... though it seems like a few trips have started with Space Mountain. When I brought my friend, Allie, for her first trip to Disney World I wanted her first ride to be Magic Carpets because I had gotten weirdly obsessed with it on my college program. Well, she hates spinning rides so we ended up on Pirates first, then Magic Carpets. Nice little change of plans that got us some dream FastPasses as we exited Magic Carpets!

My first ride on my upcoming trip will be Mine Train, but first ride with everyone a few days later is Space Mountain.

People mover-always our first ride at MK. Just a tradition and it does not feel like we are there until we ride that ride.

No because we don't always spend the first day in the same park. It depends on the day of the week, since we avoid parks with EMH.

I think I kind of have a weird one but it has a special meaning. My Disneymoon last year was my first ever trip to Disney World and pretty much my wife's first trip too. Epcot was our first park and our first ride was The Three Caballeros. So yes my first ride ever at Disney World was The Three Caballeros and that will forever be a special ride for us! Now we plan that to be our first ride on all of our upcoming trips!
So you'll never ride anything before 11am at Epcot? I get the reason, but that's one of the only rides that would limit you in that way.

We always go to EPCOT as our first park and Magic Kingdom is our last. So our first ride is always Spaceship Earth (that's my husbands favorite). Our last ride is whatever is the kids' favorite on the current trip (our last two trips was Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin). I love having little traditions like that!

Seems we like to start things with a Party :)

1st trip started with a Pirate and Princess Party
Last 2 Disney trips and this coming trip started with MNSSHP
Our Oct Universal trip started off with HHN

Obviously I have a thing for the Halloween events

So you'll never ride anything before 11am at Epcot? I get the reason, but that's one of the only rides that would limit you in that way.

So far that hasn't been an issue for us. Our upcoming trip has our flight arriving at 9am so we wouldn't even be getting to Epcot until late morning.

Our first park is always MK, but we don't have a first ride. However, it's a family tradition that our first meal is with Winnie the Pooh at Crystal Palace. 76 more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter