Do you know about the discount for multi-day wheelchair rental at WDW?

JoannaOhio

17-Year Cancer Survivor!!!
The current daily fee for rental wheelchairs inside the parks is $10. However, if you know that you'll be renting one on other days during your visit, you can purchase the total number of days you'll need, and the cost will be only $8/day!

I don't remember ever seeing this posted here, and when I rented a wheelchair at MK for MVMCP, the attendant didn't mention it. However, when I rented a wc at MGM Studios two days later, the kind attendant asked me if I wanted to purchase a multi-day rental. Since I knew we would be going to Epcot the next day, I paid for two days - and got a $2 discount per day.

She issued two rental tickets, and just stamped the first one. When we entered Epcot the next day, I didn't have to wait in the payment line. I just showed my "unstamped" ticket to the wheelchair attendant, and he stamped it and got a wheelchair for me.

Of course I wish I had gotten the $2 discount on my very first rental, but I'm grateful to the attendant who told me about the multi-day discount when I got my second rental.

They have one color multi-day ticket which is $8.00 per day and is good for wheelchairs and single strollers. There is another color which is $16.00 and is good for the double strollers.

However, this week multi-day tickets are not being sold as there is a possibility that they will run out of strollers and wheelchairs at the parks due to the crowds.

It is in the disABILITIES FAQs thread, but you may have missed it because it is called "Length of Stay" rental there. That information was copied from the Disney website. Maybe I should add a little explanation so it is clearer just waht "length of stay" means.

SueM in MN said:
It is in the disABILITIES FAQs thread, but you may have missed it because it is called "Length of Stay" rental there. That information was copied from the Disney website. Maybe I should add a little explanation so it is clearer just waht "length of stay" means.
I thought I had read everything in the FAQs, but I somehow missed that completely. Perhaps I skimmed past it because "length of stay" seemed to pertain to someone staying on Disney property for a certain number of days. I think it might be helpful to have a note referring to "multiple days rental" or something like that. I would definitely have paid for 3 days in the first place if I had realized that was available. However, I'm just happy to have saved the $2/day on my 2nd & 3rd day rentals.

If you don't mind, I'll just quote some of your post and put it into the FAQs because you explained it very clearly. (I'll also add Cheshire Figment's warning that at very busy times, it may not be available).

SueM in MN said:
If you don't mind, I'll just quote some of your post and put it into the FAQs because you explained it very clearly. (I'll also add Cheshire Figment's warning that at very busy times, it may not be available).
Sounds good to me. Perhaps something like:

"Length of Stay" doesn't refer just to Disney Resort guests. Anyone visiting the parks may purchase the discounted rental tickets for however many days they will be needing the wheelchair or stroller. Be aware that at times when Disney anticipates heavy crowds - (like Christmas week) - multi-day tickets may not be available due to the possibility that they could run out of strollers or wheelchairs and would be unable to honor your pre-paid rental.

I just checked my receipt and Rental Pass to see if it had an expiration date. (It doesn't.) Here is the information printed on the back:
Based upon availability.
Length of Stay Stroller Tickets are Non-refundable.
No deposit refund will be issued without ticket and appropriate tab.
The multi-day stroller/wheelchair ticket is transferable for same day use at all Disney Theme Parks and Downtown Disney Marketplace.
The specific mention of Stroller Tickets being non-refundable, and the next line about deposit refund not being issued without ticket and appropriate tab, makes me wonder if the wheelchair rental will be refunded if you find you don't need one of your days. (My Rental Pass says "Single Stroller/Wheelchair/Deposit" on it, and the CM circled "Wheelchair".) Anybody have any idea how we could find out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter