Do you own at AKL Jambo or AKL Kadani

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
I just noted that my contract now shows AKL Kadani on the DVC website. Does anyones show AKL Jambo? Could it make a difference in booking either site in the future? I hope not. I prefer Jambo. My Grandchldren might prefer Kadani for the pool.

Mine is Jambo. I don't think it makes a difference. Just for deed recording purposes.

We own at Jambo and it has no bearing on where we can book Jambo or kidani. We purchased 2011.

Not an owner, but out of curiosity if you own at either Jambo or Kidani, can you book either one at 11 months or only the one you own at?

Not an owner, but out of curiosity if you own at either Jambo or Kidani, can you book either one at 11 months or only the one you own at?

Yes you book either one at 11 months, it is considered one resort. :)

As others have posted, there is no difference in AKV- Jambo House points and AKV - Kidani Village points in terms of using your points in the Disney Vacation Club. They are all part of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Villages Condominium Association, meaning they have the same rights and privileges, and they pay the same annual maintenance fees.

There is but one subtle difference between Jambo House and Kidani Village, and its so small and insignificant that almost no one notices it. If a new member buys into AKV and is initially issued points from one of the 61 Units at Jambo House, then their Master Contract number will start with '8'. If a new member buys into AKV is initially issued points from one of the 263 or so Units at Kidani Village, then their Master Contract number will start with '9'.

Like I said, its such a small distinction that I suspect only a handful of AKV owners have even noticed the difference.

We own at Kadani however we were told when we bought that AKL encompasses Jambo and Kadani - what owning kadani got us was prorated 1st dues and a years worth of pts to use at SSR until Kadani opened. Also, we couldn't stay at AKL Jambo until Kadani was open.

Some of the difference between the two in case you weren't aware are the layout of the room

Jambo House has only one full bathroom in the one bedroom villa and two in the two bedroom. Also with the two bedroom the second bedroom has one queen bed and one sofa bed

Kidani one bedroom villa has two full bathrooms, two bedroom villas have three full bathrooms
The two bedroom villa some are dedicated two bedrooms where they have two queen beds in the second bedroom

Not sure which size villa you are going with or if any of this matters but to some people it does

I just noted that my contract now shows AKL Kadani on the DVC website. Does anyones show AKL Jambo? Could it make a difference in booking either site in the future? I hope not. I prefer Jambo. My Grandchldren might prefer Kadani for the pool.
On which page of the website are you seeing this?

I just checked my contract information online. On the Contract Information page and the Vacation Points Contract Detail page it is listed as Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. On the Annual Dues Statement page, the Home Resort field is blank (reminds me of the days when AKV was listed as the "Null" resort!)

On which page of the website are you seeing this?

I just checked my contract information online. On the Contract Information page and the Vacation Points Contract Detail page it is listed as Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. On the Annual Dues Statement page, the Home Resort field is blank (reminds me of the days when AKV was listed as the "Null" resort!)

Ours shows the same as yours. Neither AKV or VGC show under home resort but our others display the resort.

I noticed the Kadani when I went to book a room. It list all three of my contracts and has AKL, Kadani for the AKL contract.

I noticed the Kadani when I went to book a room. It list all three of my contracts and has AKL, Kadani for the AKL contract.

Ah - mine says Jambo there. :goodvibes

Irregardless it doesn't matter where your points are at - AKV Kidani and AKV Jambo act as one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter