Do you size up in shoe size?

I go up at least a full size. Shoe size is 9.5....anything bigger falls off when I walk. I didn't realize at first that sneaker sizing is just different. I would buy size 10 and not understand why I'd get blisters, etc. I went to Roadrunner Sports and they fitted me in 10.5 to 11. Before that I had no idea that I needed to size up. In some brands the 11 causes more problems than it solves with blisters because my feet move too much in the shoes. The 10.5 seems to be best in most shoes. Occasionally I will go to 11 if shoe is cut small. Different brands fit differently. Same brand with same shoe generation to generation can fit differently.

I don't get caught up on size. I will try on various sizes and go with whatever feels good.

For my first pair, I went up a 1/2 size. On my second pair, the guy who fitted me sold me a full size up. I went back to the 1/2 size up pair for one run, and it resulted in a bruised toenail. So, now I'll always go a full size up.

In regular shoes, I'm a 4.5-5 in my left foot and an 8 in my right foot.

In running shoes (Brooks Ravenna 6), I'm a 6 in my left foot and 8.5 in my right foot.

In my Inov-8s, I'm a 5-5.5 in the left and an 8 in the right. That said - my feet swelled SO bad (first time EVER for me or my husband in them) during the Disneyland Half weekend, I likely won't be wearing them to run much other than short races.

Just wondering, do you know Brooks will let you buy mismatched shoes for a very small upcharge? You just have to find a running store that is part of the program. My husband has "mismatched" feet and for years either wore ill fitting shoes or paid for two sets. Then, we went into Marathon Sports (Boston area running store) and low and behold, he got a 10 and an 11.5 for only $15 more than the price of the shoes. He had been to other running stores before and hadn't heard of this. Marathon Sports told us not all running stores participate or are even aware of this program. So, just an FYI, if you aren't aware of this, since you wear Brooks, figured I'd mention it:) He is more of a cyclist, so its been nearly a year since the last time he needed shoes, but I know within the last year he took advantage of this.

And to the original poster, I usually go up a half size, from a usual 7.5 to an 8, but my Mizunos I think I could have gone up a whole size. But I only use them for short runs, so its been ok.

Just wondering, do you know Brooks will let you buy mismatched shoes for a very small upcharge? You just have to find a running store that is part of the program. My husband has "mismatched" feet and for years either wore ill fitting shoes or paid for two sets. Then, we went into Marathon Sports (Boston area running store) and low and behold, he got a 10 and an 11.5 for only $15 more than the price of the shoes. He had been to other running stores before and hadn't heard of this. Marathon Sports told us not all running stores participate or are even aware of this program. So, just an FYI, if you aren't aware of this, since you wear Brooks, figured I'd mention it:) He is more of a cyclist, so its been nearly a year since the last time he needed shoes, but I know within the last year he took advantage of this.

Yup! That's why I'm almost exclusively Brooks now. I pay $140 for two pairs of shoes, which is A LOT cheaper than paying $200+ for two pairs of shoes, when I only really need one. I've offered to give the unused partners back to my running store, but they let me do what I wish with them.

So, I donate the unused partners to a charity that helps provide shoes to those who have lost limbs - both running shoes and regular shoes.

I may have been born with a clubfoot, and at most times it sucks to find shoes - but I'm lucky that I can and get to wear two shoes.

I think I have 4 different size shoes in my closet depending on the function and manufacturer. I really don't think it is because some are athletic while others are dress shoes. I just think everyone makes their sizes just a little different.

My brown leather dress shoes and black leather dress shoes both feel the exact same while on but are a full size apart. I'd just go with whatever size fits best and not worry about the label.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter