Do you trust Magical Epress to deliver your luggage?

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
In the past we have always picked up our luggage and taken it on the bus with us. Just checking a small bag with liquids and hate to waste the time since it's only weekend.Would like to hear your experiences good or bad.

thanks

Magical Express has always gotten our luggage to us. We’ve even had a few trips where we didn’t receive enough yellow luggage tags and had to supply bag claim numbers instead, and every time all of our luggage has arrived safely and securely.

Always works great. We never hesitate.
Only downside is sometimes up to 4-5 hours delay in delivery. We’ve had it mostly quicker. But that can impact your first night if you don’t arrive super early. We’ve had them knock on our door really late for delivery once.

In the past we have always picked up our luggage and taken it on the bus with us. Just checking a small bag with liquids and hate to waste the time since it's only weekend.Would like to hear your experiences good or bad.

thanks
Yes. Their luggage service is a huge help and we've never had a problem with it.

In January, all of the luggage tags somehow came off my luggage. The resort tag, the airline tag, the souvenir luggage tag....all of them. I got a call (while checking in) from DME asking me to describe my bags so they could deliver. With no tags AT ALL on the bag, they were still able to get my bag to me...all within about an hours time. We have never had problems before, but I was pretty impressed with how that handled that issue.

Nope. I know 2 people who didn’t receive their bags for 2 days. 1 of those people had it happen to her TWICE. Both were ladies so no makeup, etc. That’s a solid no for me. I only send my bags with someone else when I have to (ie. checked bags on flights & boarding a cruise ship).

Never had a problem. Only once we had to pick up our own bags because we didn't get the luggage tags in time and we weren't sure if we'd get them or not. I much prefer to have them do the pick up.

I trust ME with my luggage more than I trust the airline baggage handlers.

In fact, the very first time I used ME, it seemed to be taking an awfully long time for the bag to get to my room. I called ME and they knew exactly where the bag was: the airline had put it on the wrong flight, and it had gotten to Orlando several hours after I did. They had retrieved the bag from the other flight and it was on a truck and on the way to the resort. The bag was delivered to my room less than an hour later.

If I'd checked the bag and picked it up myself, I would have been waiting and stressing at the bag claim area until all the bags were off the plane, then going to stand in line at the desk to arrange to have the bag delivered to my resort, and worrying for hours about when and if it would get there. Instead, ME handled all that while I was having fun at Epcot.

I trust ME with my luggage more than I trust the airline baggage handlers.

In fact, the very first time I used ME, it seemed to be taking an awfully long time for the bag to get to my room. I called ME and they knew exactly where the bag was: the airline had put it on the wrong flight, and it had gotten to Orlando several hours after I did. They had retrieved the bag from the other flight and it was on a truck and on the way to the resort. The bag was delivered to my room less than an hour later.

If I'd checked the bag and picked it up myself, I would have been waiting and stressing at the bag claim area until all the bags were off the plane, then going to stand in line at the desk to arrange to have the bag delivered to my resort, and worrying for hours about when and if it would get there. Instead, ME handled all that while I was having fun at Epcot.

This is one of the biggest pluses for me. We have had the Airline send our luggage to Dallas and ME handled tracking them down and delivering them. We just went to MK for the day and when we got back at 11PM, our bags were in our room. I didn't have to waste any vacation time tracking down our bags.

thanks
never used as we drive to Disney but have had airlines miss place one of my bags took a couple of days for it to catch up with me. so late bag could also be airline not just Disney

I’ve only used ME three times, but had no problems. Know many others that have used the service with no complaints. I trust them.

No issues. We come for two weeks and almost everything is in our carry ons. We check one bag and it's usually 50 percent clothes/50 percent snacks. So even IF I did't get it for a day or two we wouldn't sweat it. I mostly bring the checked bag so I have room to take home souvenirs.

Nope. After a bad experience with them the first year it was introduced and after United lost all of our luggage one year, I don't trust ANYONE with our luggage, LOL! We always pack carry-ons and handle all of our luggage ourselves. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather not risk it.

We've never had a problem. One year our luggage even beat us to the resort. By the time we rode MDE, checked in and went to our room, our luggage was already there.

We've never had an issue. Lately though I prefer just grabbing my own bags so I don't have to pack a change of clothes and sunscreen in my carry-on. Plus I bring window decorations and I like to take care of that as soon as we arrive.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!