Doctors On Call

deb305

Mouseketeer
While we were at GF-Sugarloaf this week, I got very ill. Faced with choice of wasting the families day at the clinic or using Doctors on Call we chose the later. They were expensive $225. But they came to the room within 1/2 hour of calling, did a thorough check-up and had the necessary medication for first dose. The pharmacy delivered the rest to the front desk. It saved the day for us. I was in the park, feeling better within 2 hours of making the call. This is despite having diagnosis of severe bronchitis, and blocked lymph and saliva glands (My cheeks were much bigger than either Chip's or Dale's)
They do the insurance forms, so we will get some of the money back. For us when we compared the cost of the doctor, against the prorated cost for losing the day, it was a good deal.
The doctor was excellent. Thorough and practical.
If you are ever considering them, consider this a high recommendation. The front desks of the Disney hotels have their number for you.

Thank you so much. I almost called them when I was there Jan 1-5, 2003 because I had an upper resp. infection. I thought I could "live with it" (and the 101+ fever)

I did call them Dec. 2001, but since it was for a kidney stone, they advised me to got to Centre Care.

Did they accept credit cards?

Yes Jamsmom they do accept credit cards. As you experienced they do a thorough job of screening you when you call them, they won't come out unless they can help you. After I called, my husband wanted to see them as well, they insisted on a phone interview first.
Sorry to hear about the kidney stone, hope it turned out well. How was your experience with the clinic?

Our family has been to Centre Care three times so far - once for me and twice for my husband. We found them to be very nice. We were able to use our insurance card there and only pay the co-pay.

We have had very good luck with the in room Drs. twice

Now, the emergency room at Celebration was another story!

Glad to hear your vacation was saved!

We too had a good experience with the in room doctor service although it was 8 years ago now, I think. It was worth every penny.

Deb305-

The Centre Clini kept me for about 2 hours (but that included wait time) before deciding to send me to the emergency room at Celebrtion Station for an IVP to verify that I did have a kidney stone. I have had them seveal times and I know what one feels like!. Well, Celebration Emergency Room did a general X-Ray, gave me Cipro antibioitc and pain medicine. But, it was a long wait as most emergency rooms are. The Cipro made me sick as a dog since it is such a strong antibiotic, so I was back the next day. They finally got my stomach calm and sent me back with phengran.

Walking around the parks on pain medicine and phegran made for some intersting rides!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter