Does a child over the age of 9 have to order off the adult menu?

Sara_H

999 ghosts with room for 1 more...
Just wondering - does a child over the age of 9 HAVE to order off the adult menu? Especially at table service restaurants, not only will he not necessarily eat it all but also he is more of a picky eater and sometimes the items on the adult menu won't appeal to him.

Just wondering - does a child over the age of 9 HAVE to order off the adult menu? Especially at table service restaurants, not only will he not necessarily eat it all but also he is more of a picky eater and sometimes the items on the adult menu won't appeal to him.
Are you on the DDP? The rules say those over 9 order off the adult menu. They will nearly always allow you you to order off the child menu but they may charge an adult TS credit.
If you are paying OOP you can usually order off the child menu at Disney owned TS restaurants.
You will pay adult TS prices at all dinner shows, and all you care to eat meals no matter how much or how little you eat. This includes character meals

No DDP, OOP for us. When I did the math on what we would eat vs the price of DDP, OOP saves us money. We are ones that don't care too much about food and would rather be riding the rides than spending 1-2 hours each day sitting down in a restaurant for a TS meal.

Our 11 year old ordered things off the kids menu often during our November trip. No one ever questioned it. We paid OOP. I don't think you'll have any problem.

if on dining plan you will still be charged an adult credit even if he orders a child's meal. also if a character meal, buffet or all you can eat places he will be charged adult price no matter what eats as it is by age there.

I have a teenage son with a food allergy. Servers are very kind to him and regularly allow him to order off the kids' menu. Some of the time, it is an adult portion and we are charged accordingly. Sometimes, it's the child portion (and he's now at the age where that leaves him still hungry).

I have ordered QS off the kids menu when not hugely hungry without a problem. OOP is the only way to go for us.

You should not have any issues. I ordered off the kids menu at Be Our Guest with no problems at all. I even asked the server if that was okay.

They’ll let you order from the kids menu, but you’ll pay the adult price (for dinner).

Breakfast and lunch you can order child’s meal and pay for a child’s meal.

That’s what I figured. I know my kid has ordered off kids menu for lunch. She wants the steak next time we do dinner. I was just going to be surprised if they let people order at the kids price since they made the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter