Does anyone do "Tink gifts"?

stonefemme011500

Earning My Ears
I just read the cutest thing on the family board, from which I got numerous new ideas for traveling with kids...Tink comes when the kids are asleep, like the tooth fairy and leaves a little gift. I'm racking my brains tho, we've got 2 kids, and we're going for 15 days, so I'm trying to come up with things that won't take from the Disney fund too badly, even at the dollar store we're talking enough for a cheap meal...leaning towards the chocolate coins...any ideas?

We have left our kids pennys & Quarters so they can make pressed pennies they are 5 & 8. Then they have to choose which ones they want. We have also left them things they would use on the trip prior to the trip such as Autograph book, big pen, new hat. If you are doing any char meals you can get a postcard of the char that will be at the meal & leave those for them.

Kae

How about The Dollar Dtore -
kids seem to love odd trinkets from that place.

I always fill a small box with stuff from there and few other things -
candy, disposable camera, card games and "what nots" for my nephews for the plane ride.

Thanks guys! Kae,I didn't realize that they had the coin squash machines, the kids love them! Wally, just went looking at the dollar store, got some Disney Pez dispensers, Donald Duck pens and some Little Mermaid markers, SCORE!!!! :banana:

stonefemme011500 said:
Thanks guys! Kae,I didn't realize that they had the coin squash machines, the kids love them!

They're EVERYWHERE!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
You won't be able to avoid them - trust me.

Tink gifts are great! We did them last year on our WDW DCL trip and the kids loved them. It really depends on how far in advance you start planning for them. We did things like those glow in the dark necklaces, for late night at the park. Special shirts, collectible pins. On the ship it was little things that they saw in the gift store that they wanted. Our friends that we went with went all out though, they started waaaay earlier than us and bought things at Disney online like jammies, stuffed minnies, etc. It also depends on the age of your kids. Have fun shopping and being creative!

The local dollar stores here have had some great Disney finds! I actually grabbed a Mickey and Minnie with magnets in their hands...buck each...and in the baby aisle of all places washclothes with characters...Tink, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, the Aristocat cats, Snow White, Cinderella...they have a little loop on one corner. I grabbed some Pirates of the Caribbean M&Ms (48 cents each) and light up Tinkerbelle pen at Wally World.

I'm working on some Tink magic for my Dniece who's 11...Wally World had the coolest personal fan...it's a giant lipstick tube and when you take off the cap, the fan blades (clear plastic) are on the top of the lipstick. It just looked very "princess-y" so I grabbed it for her.

I did see at our local Walgreens some boxes of Disney cookies and crackers...nice snack in the room...and they were only 1 or 2 dollars each.

I don't know about any of you other Magic Makers, but I get a real kick out of finding the stuff to surprise the kids. Unfortunately, DS is now 14 and it's lost it's appeal for him, so I try to shower the younger ones. I send postcards home to them, get books autographed, find a special treat and this year I'll be having Disney charaters call them at home thanks to another thread I read on the DIS.

stonefemme011500...I wish you luck in your quest to find magical treats for the kids!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm so excited, and since it's Disney, I know there is no way I'll be getting myself all worked up to be let down!

Check for Disney related stickers in the scrapbook supply sections of places like Walmart and Michaels. Those make nice Tink gifts too.

There are some Disney outlets fairly close to WDW that might have some neat things that aren't wicked expensive (if you want to wait until you are there). The closest one is in Premium Outlets (just outside of DTD, but not close enough to walk to).

Pins? You could maybe leave one pin per child on one day. Or maybe a lanyard if you want to get them started on pin collecting?

Phew! I've ransacked all of the stores, found some really cute metal mickey lunchboxes for $3, and realized that duh!, I have computer iron on transfers, I can make custom t-shirts for $2.99! Thanks everyone, for your ideas--keep 'em comin' if you think of anything else--there are still plenty of days that Tink is leaving coins for the squash machine that can be replaced!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter