Does anyone else think a SNL Comedy Club could work on citywalk.

I could see more of a Second City improv type club. Since the parks close pretty early during much of the year, it would be nice if they did an early show that was family friendly and then a later show for adults. I would love to have something to do in City Walk with my kids after leaving the parks.
An improv club would be so fun and funny and would be more interesting than stand up, especially if the comedians aren't allowed to talk about politics or anything controversial. I love Second City. So fun. It could still be themed off SNL.

So the rumor currently is an SNL restaurant and not a comedy club.
So similar to Today Show cafe with SNL themed meals etc...

So the rumor currently is an SNL restaurant and not a comedy club.
So similar to Today Show cafe with SNL themed meals etc...
I remember this being the case when the rumors started, but that they would still have comedians from time to time. So maybe not a consistent thing like a comedy club would be? What good would an SNL restaurant be without some comedy!

The SNL brand isn't stand-up or improv, though. If you call it "SNL", people will expect sketch comedy.

I think a restaurant themed to SNL, with props on the walls, a la Hard Rock, will generate the most traffic and money. Add in some TVs that play SNL clips, like in the Simpson's Fastfood Boulevard.

You can turn multiple tables per night in a restaurant, comedy clubs rely on a cover charge and drink minimums because they can't turn tables.

Comedy, even SNL, has a limited audience... food targets everyone. ;)

The SNL brand isn't stand-up or improv, though. If you call it "SNL", people will expect sketch comedy.

I think a restaurant themed to SNL, with props on the walls, a la Hard Rock, will generate the most traffic and money. Add in some TVs that play SNL clips, like in the Simpson's Fastfood Boulevard.

You can turn multiple tables per night in a restaurant, comedy clubs rely on a cover charge and drink minimums because they can't turn tables.

Well, most of the actors on SNL come from stand-up/improv background and clubs so it is the basis for the show. And SNL is NBC's only comedy brand that's recognizable enough to turn into something. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that it could be a restaurant with comedy shows from time to time. City Walk could use another adult oriented option for later in the evenings, and to have closed those stores for yet another restaurant with no other unique features would be unfortunate. They'd also be competing with their own brand next door at NBC Sports Grill & Brew if this ends up being just a restaurant and nothing more.

Well, most of the actors on SNL come from stand-up/improv background and clubs so it is the basis for the show. And SNL is NBC's only comedy brand that's recognizable enough to turn into something. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that it could be a restaurant with comedy shows from time to time. City Walk could use another adult oriented option for later in the evenings, and to have closed those stores for yet another restaurant with no other unique features would be unfortunate. They'd also be competing with their own brand next door at NBC Sports Grill & Brew if this ends up being just a restaurant and nothing more.
I do agree that a restaurant would make more sense overall from a business standpoint as it can put more people through. And theming wise I can see it work with tvs playing clips spread around the restaurant. However, I agree with nkereina that a comedy club of any type would be more exciting. There are plenty of different restaurants in City Walk that I don't feel another dedicated restaurant is that needed but more evening entertainment options would be great.
If they could have a way to combine the two that would be ideal. Like a cafe type restaurant with seating to be open throughout the day with an attached stage that can sell tickets to comedy shows in the evenings. This would give the best of both as they can still have a restaurant going that is open anytime playing clips from classic SNL sketches, and maybe clips of upcoming comedy guests in the club room portion. But allow evening entertainment, even if it is just weekends that they have the club open when it can attract more people.

If they could have a way to combine the two that would be ideal. Like a cafe type restaurant with seating to be open throughout the day with an attached stage that can sell tickets to comedy shows in the evenings. This would give the best of both as they can still have a restaurant going that is open anytime playing clips from classic SNL sketches, and maybe clips of upcoming comedy guests in the club room portion. But allow evening entertainment, even if it is just weekends that they have the club open when it can attract more people.
This is how I was envisioning them operating since I first saw the rumor. It would be similar to House of Blues. Fingers crossed!

It would be nice to have a "House Of Blues" kind of establishment, but I feel more than likely it's going to be another restaurant that simply has an NBC show attachment to it. Hopefully, it is more a creative atmosphere and have themed dishes. Schweddy Balls anyone? 😉

Along with meals that are linked to SNL sketches, or perhaps inspired by iconic cast members based off what their favorites are, with props, and SNL sketches being shown on TVs I think it would be an awesome place to be.

I was watching Tim Tracker's most recent video and he showed the construction and said the rumor he heard is that is going to be a new/larger Universal store? Is that planned for that corner in addition to the SNL restaurant or are these two competing rumors for that space?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!