Does anyone know if you can donate points to Make A Wish? Has anyone done it?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I live to share Disney. That is why buying into DVC has been great for me! I have been able to share Disney with some people who otherwise would never be able to go. :wizard:

It would be great if they had something where I could donate some points.

I remeber reading about doing this last year. I believe that you need to contact your local chapter.

We donated a weekend trip to volunteers of Give the Kids the World.

Give the Kids the World
210 S. Bass Rd.
Kissimmee Fl 34746

(407) 396-1114

Bobbi :flower:

meier56013 said:
I know you can donate to Give Kids The World in Orlando, a great charity!

Is this a Disney Charity program?

Just be aware that you cannot claim a tax deduction for donating DVC points / room to charity. Tax laws state that you can only claim a deduction if your full ownership in the timeshare is donated--not just for one year or partial year's use.

tjkraz said:
Just be aware that you cannot claim a tax deduction for donating DVC points / room to charity. Tax laws state that you can only claim a deduction if your full ownership in the timeshare is donated--not just for one year or partial year's use.

Thanks for the info, but I never look to donate anything for a tax deduction. Most of the time, I am not even aware a certain donation is a tax deduction.

Disney1fan2002 said:
Thanks for the info, but I never look to donate anything for a tax deduction. Most of the time, I am not even aware a certain donation is a tax deduction.

Nothing wrong with that. :)

Many people aren't aware of the special limitations that apply to timeshare donations, so I thought it worth mentioning.

I think you donate a reservation...not points. Call MAW and ask them if they need anything. You make the reservation and hand it over. We looked into it last year. I do not remember any of the phone numbers etc.

Kim

It would be nice if we could could donate those pesky leftover points that are too few to really do anything with. We have supported MAW through an event at one of our local businesses for quite a few years. A great charity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter