does anyone know the hours of the compass club breakfast?

When we stay at club level we do what you originally suggested, go to the parks as soon as they open and at 9.00/9.30 head back to the hotel for breakfast. The difference is, we don't do the parks commando style anymore because we were (and will be this September!) annual pass holders, so it's a bit different. But you can do all characters in that first hour, so it's really worth it!

that's a great idea...doing the characters during early opening....is that what you meant? during early opening?...
do they have places where there are several characters together?
like in epcot, you have the character spot, where the classic characters can all be found and you walk from one to the next...

was the club lounge breakfast crowded at 9:30?

Yes, during early opening they have characters out on spots and in clothes and combination that aren't out during the rest of the day, so it's really worth it! I'm not sure because I haven't been since EMT is in both parks, but they used to have Mickey and Minnie together, Chip and Dale, Donald on his own and Goofy and Pluto together. I think it's still the case, but two options in each park. But not like there is one line and you walk from one to the next, they don't offer that anywhere in DLP.
The lounge breakfast was pretty deserted at 9:30! You are seated and there were a few tables available, but they were already cleaning out (and not resetting) the other tables. You didn't notice it in the food offerings though!

so that's another option..
i guess it will depend on how early we're able to get up...
if we can make it to breakfast at 7, we will...
otherwise we might take the other approach...

and doing the characters really works for our group....not just the 3 toddlers, but also the adults are into the characters - all of them, including princesses!

it was a riot at WDW, how often the adults got into character lines, even when they weren't with the kids!!!
we even waited an hour to see merida - she's one of the few at WDW without a FP....and on that occasion it was just 4 adults! (the family with the toddlers had already left for the airport to head home! - but merida made a video for them....actually for the mom, who's a merida groupie...)

so let's see....we'll be there for 4 mornings of early openings....
and during those 4 mornings we'll try for character meets, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Buzz, Space Mountain (only if DS wants to ride it - the rest of us will pass), Ratatouille, Cars, ToT (hopefully it will be ToT and not Crush), RnR (again, only DS will ride this one)...

I totally get going to the characters without kids ;) I'm into too! (but my boyfriend isn't), so what we did (twice so far) is, the first day he sleeps in and I just go for the characters, head back to the hotel and have breakfast together. The second morning we'll go together and do the rides.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do all the things on your list in 4 EMT mornings. One time I went with friends and we entered the park at 9:30, one is in a wheelchair, but we were one person short on her EAC, so our plan was that I'd get in the normal line for Space Mountain just before rope drop and I'd be in front when they'd be at the back entrance. But there were so little people in line that I took the ride before rope drop.
Although I just realize they've changed the EMT hours since I was there last...

we'll also have a FP from the compass club...one per person per day...
so that's 4 FPs....given the small number of FP attractions, we should be able use them for the most difficult rides...or the ones everyone most wants...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter