Does disney card?

binkee12

Mouseketeer
I'm pretty much a non-drinker so I don't know the answer to this. I am taking my 21 year old niece to the Food and Wine Festival so she can drink around the world at Epcot. Does Disney card and check IDs or can they tell how old you are from your magic band or something? I imagine that they would card her and I advised her to bring her license in to the park but I typically don't bring my license into the park ..would i need to if I want to get one drink with her....do you think they would card? Thank you

DH and I are 33. We rarely get carded when DD8 is with us. When she's not we do occasionally. I would definitely be prepared to be carded. I do believe they allow two drinks with one ID though.

We travel with our young adult children and they get carded every time they order alcohol in WDW. She will need her ID. DH and I are obviously of age and we're never carded but it's a good idea to bring it anyway. We always do.

We are late 30s and early 40s, not carded a single time on our last visit (or any time that I remember) and we ordered many drinks from many places. I think we don't look old for our age, but we clearly are not 21. For anyone under 30, I would bring ID.

She'll get carded at likely every place. Unless you clearly look over the age of say 35, you're likely to get carded.

You should always bring your ID to the park anyways in case something should go wrong. If your magic band acts up and won't let you enter the park, they ask for ID to verify with your mde account

Our kids are 25 & 27. Carded 75% time when they are with us. 100% when not. They both put their I.D.'s between their phone and their phone case. Nothing extra to carry.

shewill DEFF becarded - dh and i were 30/31 on our last teip and were carded moreheavily in epcot than anywhere else, but we always had our id on us

Personally, because I am not bringing my wallet (because I don’t need it) and I don’t want to risk losing my loose ID. Also, because I don’t need it for anything.

You have way more faith in the magicband charging system than I do. I always bring backup money/card even on the rare occasion I do room charging.

I bring insurance card and ID because I know that emergencies happen, and ER admissions staff can be huge pains if you don’t have proof of insurance and identity.

And because I have been carded over and over, I bring ID.

Because a prudent person still needs those things, I still use a lanyard with a hard plastic waterproof lanyard case. Makes it all very easy, and nothing is being carried loose.

You have way more faith in the magicband charging system than I do. I always bring backup money/card even on the rare occasion I do room charging.

I bring insurance card and ID because I know that emergencies happen, and ER admissions staff can be huge pains if you don’t have proof of insurance and identity.

And because I have been carded over and over, I bring ID.

Because a prudent person still needs those things, I still use a lanyard with a hard plastic waterproof lanyard case. Makes it all very easy, and nothing is being carried loose.

Yeah, there is nothing that I need to buy at the parks that is enough of an emergency that it would be worth carrying cash. Also, I have always found the CMs to be very helpful if I have issues charging.

I don’t have to worry about being carded. I did have a medical issue with my son once (cut his head at Disneyquest). My husband met us at the urgent care. It wasn’t a big deal at all.

I don’t like hassle and I don’t expect issues. Serves me well. Although your lanyard sounds super cool.

I was carded in my 40's once there! I do look younger than many women my age. I thanked him for the compliment! The cashier told me if you look under 35 they have to card.

Also remember, if you are from another country, you also need your passport along with another form of ID like a driver's license. I saw some VERY unhappy 20 somethings not served at Epcot, since their licenses were from outside the US and they didn't have their passports with them.

Many places out here in California have a policy to card everyone to avoid potential issues, including some at Downtown Disney that are not Disney owned, not sure about Disney owned locstions, as I don't drink personally.

And if you are from outside the U.S., you would have to have your passport out here.

I figured it would be similar everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!