does dramamine work?

barrie

DIS Veteran
We're meeting friends at Universal on Christmas. One person in our party gets dizzy watching the computer generated coaster that is shown at the theater before movies. She has to close her eyes during that part. We thought about her trying dramamine in order to enjoy the rides at Universal. Has anyone tried this, or have any other suggestions?

YES!!! It works, but it sounds like your friend may need to get a perscription for the 'patch' you wear behind your ear.

I have some friends who had terrible side effects from the patch. You also can't have any alcohol when you wear it. We prefer Bonine to Dramamine. It doesn't seem to make us as drowsy. Whatever you decide, try it at home first to see how it effects you.

Well, perhaps I shouldn't but I have used alcohol with the patch. Nothing happened. But that is just me. I am superman. ;-)
I don't get side effects from the patch. It is worth looking into. I forget what it is called. If you talk to your doctor he/she will know what you are talking about.

i get motion sick and take dramamine, i am able to do fire or ice roller coaster once per day but i pay for it by not feeling well for an hour or so but it is so much fun. i definitely would advise that she not do back to the future or any of that type of ride, i did it once and the only thing i could think of was which direction to get sick so i didn't get barf on my family, sorry to be so blunt but to those of us with motion sickness its not fun to get on a ride, only to feel sick. i haven't tried the patches and would like to know how they have helped others because we will be there in 3 wks. hopefully someone knows this person well enough to know what type of rides make her feel sick and then they can preview them for her, that is what my husband does now.

I was wondering about Spiderman ride. If it is anything like Back to the Future then hubby can't ride. He gets really sick on simulator rides but not coasters. I don't like BTTF anyway just because it is extremely rough. I

Melanie

Spiderman is NOT like BTTF. The car itself hardly moves. It's done mostly with visual effects. If it get to be too much, just close your eyes.

I took an OTC motion sickness (i think it was dramamine) and was able to go on all the rides I wanted to at IOA. The first time I had gone I was only able to do Hulk then almost lost it getting off of Spiderman. My wife took ginger pills and she was fine also.

Ginger pills...that's an idea. Does anyone know any other natural remedies for motion sickness. She tends to prefer herbal medications because they don't usually leave you with that "medicine head" feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter