Does Sci Fi seat on time?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
ADR at 5:20. Trying to get it earlier at 5. Should we bother checking in early? Or do they run late?

In my experience, they do not seat you immediately. We had to wait 20 minutes - we were 10 minutes early. They said we could get a table or we could wait for our car. I would check in at 5 and hopefully you will be seated within a few minutes.

I've been three times. Twice I was seated about 20 minutes late and once we bailed on our reservation after 30 minutes bc it still wasnt close to our turn and we didnt want to miss fantasmic. We really like it, and YMMV, but I wouldn't count on being seated early.

Only been once. got there 15 minutes before res time and was seated in about 10.

We have never been seated quickly there - anywhere from 15 minutes plus, depending on party size. My kids enjoy the popcorn, though, while waiting. Have fun!

ADR at 5:20. Trying to get it earlier at 5. Should we bother checking in early? Or do they run late?
You will likely receive varying opinions based on varying experiences.

In my opinion, Disney does not knowingly make people wait for tables at any restaurant....unless there is cocktail bar where you can spend money before dining.....

I am known for being 'notoriously early' for just about any appointment, and Disney ADR's are no exception.

More often than not, I check-in early (which typically means no more than 15-minutes early, as per Disney policy). Sometimes I get seated before my scheduled ADR; sometimes I wait.

In other words, I don't believe there is only one answer, just varying experiences.

But if you want advice about the virtue of an early check-in, I'm here to encourage that notion at Sci-Fi or anywhere else.

We ate there the day before the parks closed for Hurricane Irma (aka incredibly low crowd levels) and had to wait 20 mins for our ADR.

We've been twice and never been seated on time. But we've never waited so long as to give up.

I dont normally wait very long. Then again its usually my DS and myself. I imagine with groups of 3 or more the wait is longer.

Haven't been there in a few years because of the constant waiting at least 15-20 mins.... attempting another try this December but based on these current posts looks like I will be disappointed again

Thanks for a lot of insight. I'm going to try to keep pushing the ADR earlier.

It's a tough one to modify in advance. Trust me, I've been trying to do so for a month. If you can't move it up by the day of go ahead and check in early. We've done so and never had a problem getting seated in a timely manner.

I also check in about 15 minutes early, so even if we wait 15 minutes, we end up seated close to when I planned to eat. I don’t think we’ve waited more than 15-20 minutes at Sci Fi. Ohana was our longest wait- at least 40 minutes. We’ve never gone back.

We've always had to wait at least 20 minutes it seems like. I love Sc-Fi we eat there every trip but it's sooooo slow!

I heave eaten in most Disney restaurants and it is the only place I have ever been seated noticeably late.

I was there over Spring Break last year and we checked in early and got seated within 10 minutes. We were offered immediate seating if we didn’t care what kind of car/table we had. It never hurts to try.

So I didn't realize there were also standard tables! We'd def be waiting for a car.

This is kind of funny, because we've eaten there several times and we've always been seated on time or early...both lunch and dinner. I guess it goes to show that inconsistency is the only consistent thing with their seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter