Does Slinky Dog Dash weigh the trains?

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
I rode slinky dog dash for he first time today. I thought it was great. Tame enough for my 3 yo to ride (and love) but exciting enough to make me want to ride again!

That being said, the first half of the ride uses a launch system that accelerates the already moving train. You then proceed on doing hills and turns and whatnot.

The second section you stop and backup before being launched, and then proceed to hit what i call bunny hop hills. Multiple smallish hills right in a row. I observed that unlike many “bunny hop” sections I’ve ridden before the slinky dog hit the speed almost perfect to cruise over the tops at a speed that didn’t cause the negative G-forces to be uncomfortable.

My question is do you guys think they weigh the train prior to the second launch to instantly calculate the right amount of energy to use on the launch to insure a smooth ride? It would make sense and explain the need to stop other than just story.

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere but if it has, my apologies.

I don't know, but I'd guess no. Yes, it's programmed to push the car to an exact speed each and every time. So weight is sort of related, as the heavier the cart, the more energy that will be needed, but I don't think it actually "weighs" the car. I wonder if it's the same propulsion system used in RnR. I don't know all the details, but I know the RnR one is a pretty impressive piece of technology.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter