Does the DDP price vary regarding season?

act1980

DIS Veteran
Looking into buying DVC and the sales guy told me that the DDP price will fluctuate depending on season and that DVC member would be able to buy the DDP at the cheapest season rate.

I can’t see that the price fluctuates depending on season so I just wanted clarification on this.

Thank you!

the sales guy told me that the DDP price will fluctuate depending on season and that DVC member would be able to buy the DDP at the cheapest season rate.

I wouldn't say he lied, but he wasn't truthful either.

The price for the DDP can change at various points through the year. I wouldn't call it seasonal. Basically, they raise the price if they want to. I have never seen the price come back down, KWIM? However, DVC negotiates rate for DDP at the start of the year, so what the price is January 1 is what DVC will pay all year long.

Right now, I think DVC members saved somewhere between $2-4/per person at year-end over cash bookings on DDP. It's not a wild, ohboyohboydiscount discount. It's just a byproduct of the contract process between DVC and the resorts side that administers dining.

I would confirm pretty much everything the guide told you, based on this one thing. It is not untrue, but it's not actually correct. Some of the guides are less than honest or forthright about things, because they are timeshare salespeople trying to score a sale.

Used to be they would split the price up by season and post at the beginning of the year what the seasons were. Now they just raise it whenever they feel the need. So the prices can go up at some point during the year.

DVC price is always whatever the price is at the start of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!