Does this snack need fridge?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Going to WDW in 9 days, :D looking for "different", filling, healthy snacks to take as I will be 11 weeks pregnant and frequently munching. I have the usual cereal & granola bars, but am a little picky now. I was thinking pb & j on crackers, but can that stay without fridge for over a week? I was also thinking microwave popcorn, but am afraid it will pop on the plane. I need something to satisfy all my cravings- sweet, salty, spicy, chewy, filling, healthy....please helppppppp!:pinkbounc :bounce:

Our grocery store carries PB, Jelly & cracker snacks by Smuckers. (Kind of like a lunchable) They have grape or strawberry jelly. It is next to the larger containers of PB & jelly in the store. The Super Walmart carries them they are 1.00 maybe less. What about peanuts, make your own trail mix of different things you like, nuts, pretzels, M&Ms, dried fruit. Chex Mix, or toffee popcorn like fiddle faddle. You can get the individaul size of applesauce or fruit. Have you thought of just picking up a styro foam cooler when you arrive to keep in your room and then a little insulated bag to take into the parks? Then you get yogurt or cheese sticks too! Good luck! I am 10 1/2 wks pregnant now and I can relate with you on the snacking. Anything to keep you comfortable and from not being sick.

I didn't even think that PB, J or crackers needed to be refrigerated. Maybe jelly, but definitely not the other two.

Since I gave up hydrogenated oils for Lent, I have been craving PB&J's. Most peanut butters are hydrogenated, the only real exception is the "natural" kind that needs refrigeration and separates. So today when I was just about to make a trip to the health food store, I read the back of Smucker's Goober Grape. I'm doing a happy dance now because not only does it have no hydrogenated oils, but it also doesn't have to be refrigerated. And since the jelly is mixed into the same container, that would be only 1 jar to pack. I'll be taking this with me to Orlando next week. :-)

For the jelly, stop by your local breakfast eatery like Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, IHOP, whatever, and offer to buy a 30 or so of those little serving size packets of jelly. Chances are they may just give them to you.

I was also thinking microwave popcorn, but am afraid it will pop on the plane.

It will be ok to take the popcorn on the plane so you can add it to your list.

Liz

I would keep jelly cool, but I don't know if it has to be really cold. I would put it in the ice bucket after you opened it. Probably put it in a baggy first just to make sure water doesn't seep in. Or you could buy individual jelly packets from Sams or somewhere like that probably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter