UPDATE: Does this sound right to you (LONG)?!!??!

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
We have:
7 contracts
SEPT UY.
AKV and BLT home resorts.
In August 2019, I booked a split stay for friends for June 17-20 and June 20-24 at BLT(60 points) and AKV (50 points) respectively, using Sept 2019 points. They were not banked or borrowed..they were native points.

March 2020, my friend transfers me 106-- SSR 2020 JUNE UY points (I booked BLT for her previously and she essentially paid me back).

April 2020, I bank my remaining 2019 points b/c I don't know what is going to happen with the virus and don't want to risk losing points.

May 6, 2020, my friend asks to switch the AKV 50 point reservation for Boardwalk, which is 75 points. I check and can borrow points for the difference (25 points), so I do it forgetting all about the new 50% rule (my fault).

MS calls me last week (so, a couple of weeks later) to tell me that the Boardwalk reservation is at risk of being cancelled, b/c I borrowed from a contract that exceeded the new 50% rule. BUT...bc I have the JUNE 2020 SSR points, she can use them for the difference and put back the 25 I borrowed. PERFECT, right???

NOPE. She comes back and tells me that I have 31 JUNE SSR points remaining (out of the 106) and 50 2019 AKV points remaining. Wait--what? WHY? She took the entire 75 points for the Boardwalk reservation out of the 2020 points, leaving me 50 2019 AKV points I will never be able to use, b/c not only are we not visiting until this craziness dies down, but I am past my banking window.

When I question it, she goes on to explain that they have to use the oldest points first, so that's what the system did. But it didn't! I was using the oldest points, (Sept 2019) and they used June 2020 points instead. I asked then if there was an exception to bank the 50 points and was told NO.

This call lasted over 2 hours, after a 45 min hold time. I emailed MS right away b/c the CM told me that the "leaders" are still answering emails. I asked to speak to a leader then and was told no one was available. No one has responded to my Email. I get it--they are swamped.

Fast forward to today...the resorts open June 22. My friend's reservation is June 20-24. So, I have to wonder how those points will be handled as well.

So my question is...WHY couldn't the CM use my 50 AKV points first, as they were originally applied and use 25 SSR points for the remainder?

I've been trying to call all afternoon, but it's just a fast busy signal. I'm sure they are being bombarded.

I know this is long and complicated, but I appreciate someone else's ear! It just seems wrong how this was handled!

Last edited:
Transfers are tricky, but it would seem that you should have been able to use the 2019 UY points,

However, I do think that you should be okay in getting late banking now that they extended that policy.

Your account will show what happened and that the original points used were 2019 AKV and that the CM should have taken those first,

Id send another email just saying, once you have canceled the stay, that you expect those to be extended the year because they were in an original reservation for dates that were not open.

Transfers are tricky, but it would seem that you should have been able to use the 2019 UY points,

However, I do think that you should be okay in getting late banking now that they extended that policy.

Your account will show what happened and that the original points used were 2019 AKV and that the CM should have taken those first,

Id send another email just saying, once you have canceled the stay, that you expect those to be extended the year because they were in an original reservation for dates that were not open.
Would you agree that the reservation beginning June 20 will be cancelled and the new extended dates will apply to those points? In other words, they aren't going to expect me to use the nights of June 22 and 23 just because they are open during the reservation time, are they?

Would you agree that the reservation beginning June 20 will be cancelled and the new extended dates will apply to those points? In other words, they aren't going to expect me to use the nights of June 22 and 23 just because they are open during the reservation time, are they?

I think that reservation should be canceled but I don’t know if DVC will continue canceling any longer.

I would contract them or cancel yourself and then email them.

And, check your points activity screen and see exactly how the CM did things when she canceled the one with borrowed points and rebooked. It may give you insight so you can add that info to the email.

I waited for a supervisor and she was great! Fixed everything and we won't lose any points! Almost 2.5 hours later, but it's done!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!