Does Universal have something like a GAC?

debbiemomto4

Mouseketeer
Heading to Disney but we are planning to go to UNviersal for a day. Do they have something like a GAC - able to use stroller like wheelchair pass- where do I get it.?
Thanks!
:bounce:

We have not been to Universal in a long time because almost everything there requires a transfer out of a wheelchair and they were not very helpful to us (basically saying, our lines are wheelchair accessible and that's all we are required to provide, even though my DD has other needs besides mobility). People without wheelchairs have posted they were able to get a card similar to a GAC though, but I don't know if it covers the "using a stroller as a wheelchair" situation.
You would inquire at Guest Services at the park entrance.
Here's a link to Universal's page about disabilities.

I have other problems and had heard before we went that you could get a GAC equivalent but when we went to guest services they just said no all their lines were wheelchair accessible (except one which has special arrangements) and that was all they were required to do by law. As a result we found Universal far harder to cope with than Disney and had always left by early afternoon because I couldn't cope anymore.

Sue

I would recomend, if you can stretch your budget, that you get universal express passes for everyone in the party ($10 per person for one park, $15 for both parks, at Oct '03). They entitle you to almost instant access to all of the rides in each park. You can get free, per ride express passes, but these are not as efficient as fastpass at WDW and can actually hinder rather than help your progress. Hope this is of some use to you. Best wishes

Iain::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter