Dog Park Closed until further notice

DebbieT11

Waiting to go back......
Sign out this morning says "Please pardon our pixie dust as we enhance the dog park for your future enjoyment! This area will be closed until further notice."

Portions of the fence are gone already today, posts with poop bag dispensers are on the ground, poles are being pulled up..... Kinda sad looking, and my dog's depressed........

Oh man, we are arriving at FW one week from today. We were looking forward to letting our little dog run around off leash a bit. Darn.

Yeah, we were disappointed as well. But, life goes on, just didn't want anyone to count on it being open......

Squirrels probably tore it up. Stampede most likely.

I know it has been a while since I've heard anyone talk about a refurb on the dogpark, so probably overdue and better to do it now before the spring break folks start piling in.

Having it destroyed by the NSS would not surprise me. The Boys were not happy with the Savage Sisters and company either treeing them or chasing them clear of it all together. Rehab wouldn't be a bad idea at least twice during our stay they had to replumb the pipes to the water bowls. Smaller dogs routinely scooted underneath the cattle gate that allows access to both sections. Lucille read that the larger section ie wooden fence with wire mesh has been removed and cyclone now only has 3 sides

Lucille just showed me some posts from FB group dedicated to Ft Wilderness. At this time fence is down and the mound ie old railroad track bed that ran through it is currently being removed. That has been confirmed a person we met on our last trip and would say is a semi reliable source (despite her strange fascination with the Trash cans around Ft W) Rumors of the removal of the railroad bed does have confirmation from at least 1 Disney Bus Driver. So I say we can take that one to the bank. Other unconfirmed rumors are that new and more obstacles for canine play will be installed, drainage ( I suppose by regrading ) will be improved and a new fence installed

Ah! A new Disney resort for dogs. Wonder what they'll name it?

Flea-fections?

Ah! A new Disney resort for dogs. Wonder what they'll name it?

Flea-fections?

Ouch! I think you are very much on target!

giphy.gif

Gotta make room for all those future guests in the resort behind Pioneer Hall that want to use the Fort as their back yard to let Spot run loose. :crazy:

Bama Ed

Gotta make room for all those future guests in the resort behind Pioneer Hall that want to use the Fort as their back yard to let Spot run loose. :crazy:

Bama Ed
Looks like we are going to need more areas declared Hoity Toity Riff Raff free zones

I heard they are going to install a Jr. Slinky Dog coaster for the dogs at the dog park.
Our 2 keep asking for a Canine Golf Cart Racing track

On FaceBook's Disney Mouse Campers page last night there was a post that the Wagging Tails Dog Park has reopened. The Old fence for the original Dog Park has been replaced with a metal cyclone fence, the raised bed of the old railroad has been leveled and the whole area has been re-sodded and or seeded. The old obstacles have been removed (Rumor has it they will be replaced and the picnic tables need to be returned

On FaceBook's Disney Mouse Campers page last night there was a post that the Wagging Tails Dog Park has reopened. The Old fence for the original Dog Park has been replaced with a metal cyclone fence, the raised bed of the old railroad has been leveled and the whole area has been re-sodded and or seeded. The old obstacles have been removed (Rumor has it they will be replaced and the picnic tables need to be returned

That's good news I guess. Furbabies need a place to be free. Though cyclone fence is kinda ugly.

Too bad my family won't be staying at the Fort this April. Doggies are going to the spa (boarding) while we stay at CBR this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter