Dogwood/Cottonwood Tree Experts!!

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
Our neighbor has 2 Dogwood/Cottonwood trees bordering our property line, so they hang over into our yard...When do these things stop shedding???:rolleyes: For two days now, we have had little cotton balls floating around everywhere, it looks like it is snowing outside!!! Can someone please tell me if there is something I can do about them or how long they shed like this???

Thanks!!

Oh Snugs, those are not what I have??? I had a post on the CB about it and someone told me they were dogwood or cottonwood trees??? Okay, so now I have this "nameless":p tree that is shooting out little white cotton balls at us!!! ROFL...I am going to take a picture of it tomorrow and post it here, maybe someone will know what the heck this is that sheds??:rolleyes: ;)

Thanks for the help, Snugs...:)

Hi Beanie! :)

I'm curious myself to see a pic of what kind of tree does that! LOL

tree that is shooting out little white cotton balls at us!!!

Kim :)

syl.jpg

Rofl I hope you wear your protective clothing when going near that tree. :D ;)

They have to be cottonwood. Here in MO they are ALL OVER esp. close to the rivers. Yes it does look like it is snowing.
As far as I know it seems to go on forever.....

Thank you for the links Maleficent, especially the one about how the Cottonwood tree is considered sacred to the Lakota. I really enjoy that kind of information and background. :D

Lame Deer says, ?If you look at its leaves, you will see they are shaped like a heart.?

:D

Oh shoot Mal! I wish I had seen your post earlier...I don't have any seed...All the cotton is gone away too..It only seemed to last for 2 1/2 days...each day was getting less and less...the first day seemed like a blizzard! LOL...next year I am definitely taking some pictures of it!! :)

Maybe I can ask my neighbor for a piece of it? Would that help?? I have no idea, I kill everything that grows around here!:rolleyes: Tell me what you would need and I will try to get some from her!

that is ok they seem to be rather LARGE trees so maybe that is better that I don't try them yet until we clear the back 40! LOL

just kidding we live in the city on an arce lot.

but thanks

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter