Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

We just got back from FL. We flew Spirit (never again but that’s another story). We decided to ship DD Saber from the BW. Only cost 17 dollars. Spirit would have charged $42 as a carry on. No thanks. And we were told Spirit has a history of crushing them is they are in Checked luggage. No brainer $17 for UPS to wrap it and deliver it 5 days later.
I suppose I could ship it to myself at the hotel & then ship it home again....but then it stops being worth the hassle & I'd rather just leave it home. :/

Oh btw has anyone shelled out the $272 for the new Rey saber at Doks? It very pretty but with a blade and tax you are talking like $350. I couldn’t do it

Is this something very new? The reforged Rey that came out when the last movie was released is $129 I believe.

Is this something very new? The reforged Rey that came out when the last movie was released is $129 I believe.
Brand new. I was there last Friday and it was the first day they had it. They had just gotten the saber in and white and yellow Kyber Crystals which were flying off the sheif

Another question haha! I'm interested in recent experiences with the new lightsabers from Savi's or high-end ones like Ultrasabers on Spirit & Frontier. I'd like to bring one in a carrying case (or with the case in my personal item & the lightsaber sticking out). They are obviously much longer than the allowed size and while Spirit allows things like umbrellas to be carried outside of your free bag, I wasn't sure what they'd do with a 36" lightsaber. Anyone try this since SWGE opened?
I went to Dok-Ondar's and they shipped it to my house for $18. Arrived home a couple of days after I did, well wrapped and no issues. TOTALLY worth it to not have to worry about it. The guy at Dok-Ondar's had obviously done it a ton of times.

Sayhello

Not at WDW or DL, but found on Reddit:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/773604053/kyber-crystal-storage-unit
I purchased one for DH this morning, since he opened up the shop for orders today. He will take as many orders as he can fill in a reasonable amount of time, then close it until the ones he has are finished and shipped. Once he has more time, and the supplies, he reopens, rinse, repeat.

DH talked about making one himself, but I figured by the time he had purchased all the paint/equipment, and several lanterns (because the first 2 or 3 would just be practice ones), we'd have spent more $$ than if I had just ordered one from this guy. :rotfl2:

Hi all! Yesterday was 180 day mark & I booked Savi’s workshop at 12:45 & Droid Depot at 1:30... will this timing work? Thanks!!

I'd say you're likely fine, but it's slightly tight. If you get there a bit early so you can check out and have a fast decision on what style you want to build you'll be okay. The experience at Savi's is about 20-30 minutes, and you're not far away after.

That should be fine. Droid depot appointments are actually a window of time, so even if you’re running late after Savi’s head over and you should be fine.

Also, checking into Savi’s very early won’t actually get you through the experience early. They really hold you to your appointment time, especially if all the “shows” are full. I got there 10 minutes early and they had me stand aside for a few minutes while they finished checking in the show before me.

For reservations to make the light saber at Savi's , is it exactly 180 days out or is it like dining and it is 180 days from start date?? Thanks for any info!!

I'm going to be the dissenting voice here and suggest moving one or the other--or considering doing your droid build at rope drop if you can't get a different reservation time. The Savi's experience only takes 20-30 minutes once you're actually called in, but when I went to my appointment I waited more than half an hour past my reservation time before I got to go inside and start my build (I checked in and paid on time; I think they were running behind). That should be less likely to happen earlier in the day (my reservation was for early evening), but that experience made me really wary of the schedule conflict it could create. Odds are decent you'll be fine that early in the day, but I personally would not chance it.

Re: Droid Depot, too, I found when I went that they were taking walk-ups at an equal ratio to reservations, and despite having a reservation I waited in just as long of a line as I would have if I'd just walked up. That was for a 10:00 AM appointment. I have heard that the walk-up line does sometimes get longer than the reservation line, but on the day I went the reservation offered me no advantage. That's why I mentioned doing it at rope drop--I went back to DD later in the trip to pick up some accessories and was there shortly after rope drop since I'd decided I didn't want to wait in line for Smuggler's, and it was an absolute ghost town. Could have had half the conveyor belt to myself if I'd done my build at that time of morning.

I'm going to be the dissenting voice here and suggest moving one or the other--or considering doing your droid build at rope drop if you can't get a different reservation time. The Savi's experience only takes 20-30 minutes once you're actually called in, but when I went to my appointment I waited more than half an hour past my reservation time before I got to go inside and start my build (I checked in and paid on time; I think they were running behind). That should be less likely to happen earlier in the day (my reservation was for early evening), but that experience made me really wary of the schedule conflict it could create. Odds are decent you'll be fine that early in the day, but I personally would not chance it.

Re: Droid Depot, too, I found when I went that they were taking walk-ups at an equal ratio to reservations, and despite having a reservation I waited in just as long of a line as I would have if I'd just walked up. That was for a 10:00 AM appointment. I have heard that the walk-up line does sometimes get longer than the reservation line, but on the day I went the reservation offered me no advantage. That's why I mentioned doing it at rope drop--I went back to DD later in the trip to pick up some accessories and was there shortly after rope drop since I'd decided I didn't want to wait in line for Smuggler's, and it was an absolute ghost town. Could have had half the conveyor belt to myself if I'd done my build at that time of morning.
Thanks for this!

I do prefer the controls on the app vs. the provided controller. That was a nice improvement. The droid builder thing is lame though. I mean really lame. Still, added value to something already purchased.

and play tic tac toe :D

Has anyone actually beat their droid? We played a few times and it was always a draw. I dunno, for how smart astromech droids are I feel like they wouldn’t bother with such a simple game. We need holochess!

I do prefer the controls on the app vs. the provided controller. That was a nice improvement. The droid builder thing is lame though. I mean really lame. Still, added value to something already purchased.

I like the 360 motion but it’s harder to control. Not as hard as a Sphero Force Band though!

Has anyone actually beat their droid? We played a few times and it was always a draw. I dunno, for how smart astromech droids are I feel like they wouldn’t bother with such a simple game. We need holochess!

I like the 360 motion but it’s harder to control. Not as hard as a Sphero Force Band though!
As far as beating the droid, you can do it on “easy.” I think it doesn’t make defensive moves on that setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!