Dole whip changes

Tlmb615

Mouseketeer
Whenever we go to WDW we always try to do something we have never done...tour, attraction or food. A few years ago we finally tried a dole whip and my oldest son fell in love with it. We were just there in January and he went straight for the dole whip. I knew that the location had moved and told him. He had always gotten orange soft serve with pineapple juice. I know that is not the typical. Well when we were there they did not have orange soft serve. Does anyone know if that was just because of the season or if they have done away with it?

Thank you

Whenever we go to WDW we always try to do something we have never done...tour, attraction or food. A few years ago we finally tried a dole whip and my oldest son fell in love with it. We were just there in January and he went straight for the dole whip. I knew that the location had moved and told him. He had always gotten orange soft serve with pineapple juice. I know that is not the typical. Well when we were there they did not have orange soft serve. Does anyone know if that was just because of the season or if they have done away with it?

Thank you
Sadly, it's gone. This was my preferred Dole Whip choice too

Yep. It has been gone for a while. The vanilla is gone, too (unless they put that back in the past few months...which would be amazing...but somehow I don't think they did :guilty:)

Nope, no vanilla there either (though I think there is vanilla at Poly)
Strangest thing was to move them to a larger location and take away choices

Okay, I liked the orange too - I thought it was at the old location which is now Sunshine Tree Terrace. I didn't go there but I thought that's what they said.

Bummer it looks like that just orange slush - so not the same thing.

They made a huge mistake taking away the orange and vanilla soft serve. The old location use to have 30 minute waits to get that stuff. I have yet to see more than a couple people in line at the new location. I hold out hope they will wise up to their mistake soon.

You can get still the orange soft serve at Sunshine Tree Terrace and the Pineapple at Aloha Isle?

You can get still the orange soft serve at Sunshine Tree Terrace and the Pineapple at Aloha Isle?

That's citrus swirl. It's different than the orange soft serve they used to serve for dole whips - not as creamy, not as sweet, sort of like frozen orange juice, for lack of a better explanation.

That's citrus swirl. It's different than the orange soft serve they used to serve for dole whips - not as creamy, not as sweet, sort of like frozen orange juice, for lack of a better explanation.
Right. It's like one is a sherbet and one is an ice cream
And there's no juice at Sunshine Terrace

Though I do admit the rum addition at AK is a decent consolation prize ;)

For those who have asked about the Poly, they have vanilla and pineapple there and you can use a dining plan snack credit to purchase the regular size (not in the souvenir cup).

Thank you
I know this is an old post, but just ran across it. Info given is incorrect. Aloha Isle does not have the vanilla soft serve swirled with frozen o.j., but Sunshine Tree Terrace does. It isn’t unusual at all. That’s what I prefer also! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/sunshine-tree-terrace/
It isn’t far from Aloha Isle and is also in Adventureland. Across from the pretty pink tree before you get to Swiss Family treehouse. Look for Orange Bird sign. It is smaller than Aloha & seldom as busy. You can get your “Citrus Swirl” there!

Thank you
Also, for anyone interested, you can now get Dole Whip at Pop! Not sure if they will have Citrus Swirl there. I have never seen any oran
Where’s the sunshine tree
It is also in Adventureland. It is a much smaller place. It is to your right if you are coming into Adventureland from the central hub/castle area. It’ll be before you pass Swiss Family Treehouse Entrance (that’ll be to your left). I am reading that Aloha & Sunshine Tree traded places? I don’t know. Just know that Aloha is the bigger place near Tiki Birds & Sunshine Tree is smaller (like a stand) not far to your right as you enter Adventureland. Apparently there was an orange soft serve. I never had that. I love the Citrus Swirl. It is not as sweet as the Doke Whip. You can even ask for an orange float: Citrus Swirl (frozen o.j. slush swirled w/vanilla soft serve) with orange soda. I love the icy texture the frozen o.j. gives this. Very refreshing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!