Dole Whip on Ships?

Happy100

DIS Veteran
It has been a couple years since my last Disney cruise and we have one booked for March 2019. I saw a cruise tips video last night and it mentioned that all Disney ships now offer Dole Whips. Is this true and if so does it cost extra(how much)?

I know! I'd never seen that before looking at that thread. I've clearly been missing out...

my family’s mantra is “Dole whip makes everything better!”

After our second attempt to ride Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom failed, we headed right to Africa for Dole Whip.

My wife and I were so excited to see that they had dole whips, with and without rum, on the dream. Then, once we ordered a couple, we were sorely disappointed. It's not the same at all. Very watered down. We had to mix it with vanilla ice cream from the soft serve station next to that bar. Now I'm excited that I get to go back to WDW to get the real thing.
Hopefully I just had an isolated bad expetience, but be prepared to get a less than ideal version.

My wife and I were so excited to see that they had dole whips, with and without rum, on the dream. Then, once we ordered a couple, we were sorely disappointed. It's not the same at all. Very watered down. We had to mix it with vanilla ice cream from the soft serve station next to that bar. Now I'm excited that I get to go back to WDW to get the real thing.
Hopefully I just had an isolated bad expetience, but be prepared to get a less than ideal version.
I've definitely seen other people saying it's not the same as the parks version. But I figure with rum it will be close enough.

The one I had with Captain Morgan's was quite good. Rum makes everything better... Or so it seems! LOL

Um, my son who was 2 at the time...he doesn't like dole whips normally. One night at AK my wife and i got a couple rum ones and got the kids ice cream sandwiches. My son was curious about ours so we offered a bite. After that, all he wanted was our dole whips. Rum makes the world a happy place when on vacation I guess.

I've never had one at the parks, but had one with spiced rum on the Wonder last month. I didn't think to stir it before I took my first drink, WHOA!!! It was goooooood!!!!!:D

My dh got a margarita in Cozumel last year. He and I were busy talking and didn't notice my dd take a big drink of it. She quickly spat it out, she had thought it was water. We told her to remember how gross she thought it was when she gets older and starts going to parties!!

Last edited:
Thank you for tip tip about mixing it with the vanilla soft serve! Will tuck that away for our cruise.

QUOTE="Ben E N, post: 59124848, member: 604936"]My wife and I were so excited to see that they had dole whips, with and without rum, on the dream. Then, once we ordered a couple, we were sorely disappointed. It's not the same at all. Very watered down. We had to mix it with vanilla ice cream from the soft serve station next to that bar. Now I'm excited that I get to go back to WDW to get the real thing.
Hopefully I just had an isolated bad expetience, but be prepared to get a less than ideal version.[/QUOTE]

I had the Dole Whip on our 2017 summer Western Cruise. God, was it disgusting. It is not a frozen yogurt like you are used to. It is more like a partially congealed syrup. Not even a rum factory could make it taste good. It is best to avoid it on the ship and get it at the parks or your local frozen yogurt place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!