Dolphin at Christmas?

crs7568

<font color=FF66FF>The Tag Fairy will find you whe
I just reserved the Dolphin for our Christmas vacation from December 20-28. As a teacher I am locked into vacation dates that cannot begin until one day after the Value Season ends and
Holiday Season begins which means a huge difference in price. I was able to get the $129 teacher rate at the Dolphin.

Is the Dolphin nicely decorated for Christmas? I was really hoping to stay at a Disney hotel and I am concerned that the Dolphin will not be as nice for our vacation. If it was just a trip during the summer I would not be as concerned but I really want our first Christmas away from home to be special for our kids.

Also, is the standard room nice or is it a better idea to pay more for the water view or the resort view?

Thank you so much for any help that you can give me with this!

Caryn

The Dolphin has a great Christmas display. They make a Poinsetta tree with red poinsettas that reaches the roo o f the lobby. There is a toy train(that circles the tree.Large enough for a child to ride) and huge decoarated boxes around it. Down on the bottom floor they have pictures with Santa. They also have special things for Christmas Eve... :)

The standard room is no different than the other rooms you mentioned in size or decor. The difference you are paying is in the view. So rest assured that room wise it is the same. I am a teacher, and have always been pleased with my room.

I just wanted to say that the Dolphin is AWESOME at Christmas!!! You can't go wrong! In addition to the huge tree/train & presents, they have a nightly laser light display in the lobby before they turn the Christmas lights on... it's just great!

Don't forget to go to the www.starwood.com website to sign up for their frequent guest program!

I stayed at the Dolphin during X-mas season in 2001. Let me just say that I thought that the Dolphin had the BEST decorations for Christmas! We visited the other hotels and the only other one that was really nice was the Grand Floridian which had a huge Gingerbread house. I wasn't all that impressed with the other resorts. We ended up having a day going to look at other hotels which is a fun thing to do. You will not be disapointed. Also everynight I think around 6pm or so they have a tree show at the Dolphin. Music, lights, etc. AWESOME!!! Ask at check in about that. It's SO COOL! Have a great trip! You'll love it there.

Dana :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter