Dolphin Government Discount

DisneyFanatik

DIS Veteran
When are these discounts made available? We went to the Dolphin in June '04. I booked the room using the gov't discount in July '03. Apparently they aren't booking these rates that far in advance anymore. Is there any rhyme or reason in regards to when these rates are available or is it just calling at the "right time"? When you ask the people at Starwood they act like they don't know what you're talking about (the ones that speak English that is). I was apprehensive about staying at the Dolphin last year but went ahead because of the great gov't rate. Now my kids only want to stay there for our trip next year! Doesn't it figure!

I thought I read that is like blocks of 3 months ahead. We had a room booked at the swan for the last week of april with a govt. discount, but the discount was only available for 3 of our days, I think this might have been due to a large convention there. We decided to switch to the poly with a great ap rate, which was a little more but it was o.k. with us. Just trying to say that if you are going at a busy time it might also not be available for all your days.

I've tried twice on two different trips to get the discount for teachers only to be told they had none. I finally asked this past time about it and was told that they don't always have these discounts available.

I booked my Christmas trip two months ago with the teacher's discount. Odd to think that they would not honor it at all times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter