Dolphin National Rental Car Desk?

Humphrey1227

Mouseketeer
Anyone use this desk? Is it still open? Hours? Are all car types offered I see there is no EA for this area, but do you get to pick out which car you would like? Do you drop the car off with the valet and just tell them its from national and your done? Thanks, all info appreciated!:)

The last time I was there, things had changed a bit;not sure if it's due to Nationals economic problems or if it was 9/11 related since we were there in November and travel was really slow then, but....

... you could reserve your car at the Dolphin, but, the National shuttle came and got you and took you to the car care center where you picked up your car. Return was same thing in reverse.....you left your car at the car care center and shuttled to the Dolphin.

There were a few people who complained about this change and not being notified,and they were allowed to leave their cars at the Dolphin and somebody from National came over there and got it.

I would definitely call and ask before hand.

Originally posted by Humphrey1227
Anyone use this desk? Is it still open? Hours? Are all car types offered I see there is no EA for this area, but do you get to pick out which car you would like? Do you drop the car off with the valet and just tell them its from national and your done? Thanks, all info appreciated!:)

The Dolphin location no longer accepts cars for return. (There are no cars at the Dolphin anymore. I was told that this is becasue of the Dolphin expansion and the resulting lack of space). You will be directed to the Car Car Center (near the MK) to return your car. As Poohlovr says, there is a shuttle that will take you back to your hotel. HOWEVER, that shuttle only operates during the hours that the CCC is open. Be sure to check ahead of time. As far as I know, the only way to get anywhere from the CCC after hours is to pay for a cab. (It's too far from anything to walk and there isn't any safe walkway).

You can do the paperwork to pick up a car at the Dolphin, but then you will have to wait for the shuttle to take you to the Car Care Center to pick up your car. There is no EA or EC service - you get the vehicle they decide to give you.

HTH.

Things change so quickly at Disney:).... I just called the Dolphin yesterday to inquire and the reservationist at the national desk at the Dolphin said that they are changing things sometime after next week. I guess because of the compaints and the busy season. I don't know if it's a temp or permanent change. She was not totally clear on what the change will be either, but it was clear that we would not have to take a shuttle from or to the National car center. Try calling the desk at the hotel itself you may get someone more knowledgable than I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter