Donald's Breakfast vs. CM dinner? Prime Time for Thanksgiving or a buffet??

scoggs

Earning My Ears
Indecision, Indecision!! I am so confused and uncertain, and hubby tells me he's just along for the ride!! As far as character dining... I have a ps for Donald's Breakfastasaurus, but have not seen the best reviews for this. Is it good and worth it? Please tell me! Or would I be better off trying to get CM for dinner? I believe Chef Mickey's is out for breakfast, as I tried that one already....

I'm also unsure what to do about Thanksgiving dinner. It is not that important to us to have a truly "awesome" meal, nor do I want to spend a ton of $$, but I do want a tasty meal! I have a ps for Prime Time Cafe because I want to try to eat there, but is going on Thanksgiving a good choice? Or should I try a buffet so the family can choose what they want to eat??

I would welcome any opinions on this, as I'm not getting any help from my family, and it has been way too many years to count since I've been to WDW!

Thanks!!

We did the Donalds Breakfast at AK and were not overly impressed. The characters seemed awfully rushed and didn't spend much time with our ds - barely got the picture taken before Donald was off to the next table ( and we went specifically because Donald is our favorite:(.) Food was comparable to all the other buffetts though. Chef Mickey's was much more fun though and the characters spent ALOT more time with our ds and got plenty of pictures without feeling rushed.

JMHO though:rolleyes:

Keep what you have. CM's is horrible IMHO... the food barely passes for food. The place is very loud and the service ... HA... What service. Sure great character interaction if you're in the main diing room, but the CM's had to keep reminding the characters to go into the side rooms. I got so tired of sitting upstars watching all the kids down there have fun while my DD coverd her ears from the blaring music. We did finaly get a lot of time with Minnie, and a little with each of the others.

Donalds OTOH has always been wonderful. The food tasty and hot, the CM's very attentive and the characters amazing. Only 2 mild complaints. First time we had one of the last PS's. They ran out of hot fruit topping for the pancakes. I also think the tables are too small, but so are the ones at CM's. At least at Donalds the CM's kept clearing the dirty dishes. At CM's we ended up scraping all the yucky food onto one plate and stacking them up so we could get something else to try to eat.

I cannot stand buffets - and I LOVED Donalds! My husband is the same way, and this was one of his favorite places we ate. The potato dish there is great - coffee was fast (very important ;) )and the characters were great!! Goofy was very goofy, Mickey was great - when he went to sign the kids autograph book, we told him "Mickey, you signed it yesterday", and he was so funny acting like "Of course I did, how could I forget"? LOL Donald was just awesome and this is the only place we saw him on our trip. He was acting like he had a crush on my DD, kept coming by, and then finally he bent down for her to kiss him on the beak. When she did, he gave an "Awww, shucks" kind of reaction. It was just great - I highly recommend it. I second guessed myself a lot too after making the PS and then reading bad reviews. We also made the last PS of the day to use it as kind of an early lunch, so maybe that was why the character interacton was great.

Thanks so much to those of you that responded!! I am going to stick with what we have, and my son said he wants to see Goofy and Donald, so this looks like the best place to do it! We have a 10 AM ps on an EE day, so I think we'll go and try to get on the Savannah View ride and head back for a breafast/brunch that day!

Thanks again for your help! Enjoy yourselves when you get to WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter