Donald's Defiant Dashers 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep you got my name right:thumbsup2 You're looking great in the photo with all you fellow ducks! I was trying to figure out when I'd started last time-do you remember I was toilet training my youngest (read nightmare:rotfl2:)! Well he's now a big boy:thumbsup2 He is in P1 at a great school (after many hiccups along the way) that really is pupil-lead and embraces alot of the things that you would approve of:thumbsup2 Do you still home-school? Glad to hear you're still running (and drinking the guiness:rotfl:). Take care

Yes, I do remember! :laughing: Glad to hear he's doing so well. Yes, still homeschooling. Now you need to plan a trip to WDW to do a race and become a member of the Ducks! :thumbsup2

I know you were talking to Carissa.. But good luck with C25K! You can do it! :cool1: I did it 3 yrs ago, it's what made me a runner!

Seriously?? I thought you'd always been a runner:) I came across C25K reading Carissas trip report from a couple of years ago and know you 2 are friends and did the trip together:cool1: Now I'm starting to think there's hope for me yet (though I'm more than a wee bit older than you guys by 8years or so but we wont talk bout that):rolleyes1

Yes, I do remember! :laughing: Glad to hear he's doing so well. Yes, still homeschooling. Now you need to plan a trip to WDW to do a race and become a member of the Ducks! :thumbsup2

I would soooo love to do that:yay:
You never know - maybe one of these days:)
Better go and get dinner on before the monsters (I mean adorable little cherubs) start howling (asking politely for nourishment:rotfl:).
Great chatting to you. Keep on quacking (running):worship:

Seriously?? I thought you'd always been a runner:) I came across C25K reading Carissas trip report from a couple of years ago and know you 2 are friends and did the trip together:cool1: Now I'm starting to think there's hope for me yet (though I'm more than a wee bit older than you guys by 8years or so but we wont talk bout that):rolleyes1

Oh my gosh, no, definitely not always a runner. I hadn't exercised for MANY years before I began C25K, and I never ran in my life! I was literally at COUCH level when I began. Lol I remember feeling my lungs burn when running for only tiny bits and wondering if that feeling would ever stop! (It took time, but it did.) :)

I have two friends who are in their mid 40's who did the C25K in late 2010...and they ran their first half in spring 2011...in about 2.5 hours! Age doesn't matter from what I've seen. I am always amazed at the different types of people I see doing these Disney races...all different ages/sizes/abilities. And all of us going for the same goal. It is wonderful! :goodvibes

I can personally attest also that I have never done any major sports activites in my life. I do work out but not intensely either. I started preparing for the Half in April 2011 and I just worked my way up to a good walking speed. I just kept on working at it day by day, week by week.

Crossing that finish line was pretty emotional for me. I also have MS.
Todays meds are great! I am 100% NOT disabled in any way. Hoping to keep it that way!! But it is just something I have to take care of. Exercise does wonders also. On this my first Half I raised $600.00 for MS. So needless to say the MS society would love to have me walk again next year. :)

You can count on it!! :cool1:

Glad to be with a great group of people. :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, no, definitely not always a runner. I hadn't exercised for MANY years before I began C25K, and I never ran in my life! I was literally at COUCH level when I began. Lol I remember feeling my lungs burn when running for only tiny bits and wondering if that feeling would ever stop! (It took time, but it did.) :)

I have two friends who are in their mid 40's who did the C25K in late 2010...and they ran their first half in spring 2011...in about 2.5 hours! Age doesn't matter from what I've seen. I am always amazed at the different types of people I see doing these Disney races...all different ages/sizes/abilities. And all of us going for the same goal. It is wonderful! :goodvibes

I have to admit I'm more than a wee bit impressed with this:cool1:
Thanks for all the encouragement:) I have found my ipod and it still has the programme on it so I'm going to take that as a sign and start tomorrow after the school run:thumbsup2
Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will be sure to check in with you and see how you all are:). Well done to you all on your races. You never know who you are inspiring (I'm sure I'm not the only lazy loafer lurking on here:rotfl:) with all your accomplishments:worship:

Hi Ducks! Congrats to all who ran the races just a few days ago!

I've not been running since early fall last year due to some foot injuries but I'm ready to get back into it! Last night, DF and I decided to do the Donald in 2013! We have to go down for our wedding planning session anyway!

Any advice for him? He's never really run more than about 3 miles at any given point and usually runs about 2 for PT [He's active-duty].

WHAT is going on with all this full marathon and Goofy talk? You guys are still on pixiedust: Pixie Dust.
All decisions on future races should not be made until 30 days after a Disney race. :thumbsup2

Crap,........ I'm in for the full next year if I figure out how to find time to get down to Disney World next January. If Liz is doing the full I have to also, how else am I going to find the right corral to get in. (I'll never leave you at the port potties again)

Have a good week everyone.

Joe

I can personally attest also that I have never done any major sports activites in my life. I do work out but not intensely either. I started preparing for the Half in April 2011 and I just worked my way up to a good walking speed. I just kept on working at it day by day, week by week.

Crossing that finish line was pretty emotional for me. I also have MS.
Todays meds are great! I am 100% NOT disabled in any way. Hoping to keep it that way!! But it is just something I have to take care of. Exercise does wonders also. On this my first Half I raised $600.00 for MS. So needless to say the MS society would love to have me walk again next year. :)

You can count on it!! :cool1:

Glad to be with a great group of people. :goodvibes

Wow Colleen that's great!!!

We are glad you're here! :thumbsup2

I have to admit I'm more than a wee bit impressed with this:cool1:
Thanks for all the encouragement:) I have found my ipod and it still has the programme on it so I'm going to take that as a sign and start tomorrow after the school run:thumbsup2
Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will be sure to check in with you and see how you all are:). Well done to you all on your races. You never know who you are inspiring (I'm sure I'm not the only lazy loafer lurking on here:rotfl:) with all your accomplishments:worship:

I hope you were able to start up yesterday! You are welcome to join us in our group here if you want! We can help you along your journey. I'm going to start a new thread for 2012 soon.

Hi Ducks! Congrats to all who ran the races just a few days ago!

I've not been running since early fall last year due to some foot injuries but I'm ready to get back into it! Last night, DF and I decided to do the Donald in 2013! We have to go down for our wedding planning session anyway!

Any advice for him? He's never really run more than about 3 miles at any given point and usually runs about 2 for PT [He's active-duty].

Hey Megan! That's great you two are going for the half next year! We'll have a good sized group of Ducks again. My advice is to take it slow and steady with the training. Increase mileage gradually (ya know, the 10% per week rule of thumb). Arrive to the half injury-free with a solid base. This is what I tell myself too!! Keep us posted on how y'all are doing.

WHAT is going on with all this full marathon and Goofy talk? You guys are still on pixiedust: Pixie Dust.
All decisions on future races should not be made until 30 days after a Disney race. :thumbsup2

Crap,........ I'm in for the full next year if I figure out how to find time to get down to Disney World next January. If Liz is doing the full I have to also, how else am I going to find the right corral to get in. (I'll never leave you at the port potties again)

Have a good week everyone.

Joe

Lmbo!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

And WooHoo Joe's in for the Full!! (I KNOW you'll figure it out. ;))

Peer pressure..... ;)

heehee ::yes::

Unless anyone else wanted to do the 2012 thread...I'm going to start it on Sunday the 15th...a nice "even" number. :donald:

Alright Joe! Looks like the Ducks will be well represented in the full next year!

I hope you were able to start up yesterday! You are welcome to join us in our group here if you want! We can help you along your journey. I'm going to start a new thread for 2012 soon.

Thanks Liz I will keep an eye out for the new thread:thumbsup2 Managed day 1 and found it tougher than I remember-that may be because I am 2years older and about a stone heavier than last time:rotfl2:
Definitely goin to stick with it this time and see it through to the end (and who knows where I'll go after I manage 5k:))

Thanks for all the encouragement. Its great to hear others have used the programme sucessfully:worship:

Hey Ducks! WE DID IT!!!!

DH's foot did not bother him as much as we feared, and he still managed to beat me by 8 minutes. The next day he started using the "G-word". :scared1: Fortunately, by the end of the day he came back from crazy town and was talking about "just" doing the Full next year. So here I am looking at Full training programs with the rest of you. :rotfl:

Good luck with training!

Way to go Jeni!
Megan: Maybe have your DH try the Galloway run/walk ratios? I LOVE it & it actually helps me to run faster (well, when I don't stress my ITB or stop for pictures). LOL!

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday. Little twinge w/the knee (ITB), so I'm going to start Yoga and Core work.
Can't believe it's already been a week! :sad2:

Alright Joe! Looks like the Ducks will be well represented in the full next year!

:thumbsup2

Thanks Liz I will keep an eye out for the new thread:thumbsup2 Managed day 1 and found it tougher than I remember-that may be because I am 2years older and about a stone heavier than last time:rotfl2:
Definitely goin to stick with it this time and see it through to the end (and who knows where I'll go after I manage 5k:))

Thanks for all the encouragement. Its great to hear others have used the programme sucessfully:worship:

:thumbsup2

Debbie told me "Ducky see, Ducky do"

:laughing:

Hey Ducks! WE DID IT!!!!

DH's foot did not bother him as much as we feared, and he still managed to beat me by 8 minutes. The next day he started using the "G-word". :scared1: Fortunately, by the end of the day he came back from crazy town and was talking about "just" doing the Full next year. So here I am looking at Full training programs with the rest of you. :rotfl:

Good luck with training!

Congrats Jeni!! And that's awesome you're going to do the full too!!! WooHoo! And hey, your dh's idea to do the Goofy isn't such a bad one... ;)

Way to go Jeni!
Megan: Maybe have your DH try the Galloway run/walk ratios? I LOVE it & it actually helps me to run faster (well, when I don't stress my ITB or stop for pictures). LOL!

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday. Little twinge w/the knee (ITB), so I'm going to start Yoga and Core work.
Can't believe it's already been a week! :sad2:

I was telling Carissa that on Thursday...can't believe marathon weekend is already behind us. Time goes too fast! I'm so glad I have next year to look forward to. :goodvibes

Hey Megan! That's great you two are going for the half next year! We'll have a good sized group of Ducks again. My advice is to take it slow and steady with the training. Increase mileage gradually (ya know, the 10% per week rule of thumb). Arrive to the half injury-free with a solid base. This is what I tell myself too!! Keep us posted on how y'all are doing.

Thanks! I'm gonna keep you posted in the new thread! :)

We realllyyyy need to start running because he has a PT test soon!! Yikes! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter