Don't Just Fly.... Soar! A couch to Dumbo training journal (comments welcome)

Since I mentioned it upthread…. The air bnb two doors down went on the market! Woot! Now it could be bought by investors so time will tell. The current owners only bought it 1.5 years ago. We had one next door that the owners moved into a few years back. We have so many in our neighborhood that I suspect the market isn’t actually there to support them outside of Feb and March. But we also have no HOA so that makes our neighborhood attractive. Anyway, hoping for nice real neighbors- with middle schoolers would be a bonus!

Nothing too exciting this week. I ran my miles. Friday I could only do 3 vs the 4.5 due to time constraints.

Today I ran the Hot Chocolate 5K with DH and DS. We all got put in B which was great…. But not where we belonged lol! So I went out too fast and had to force myself to slow down after the first couple blocks. This looped around downtown Phoenix. One thing I did not realize it it went up and over the train tracks… and then again coming back. Everyone was talking about the hill!!! I was Hoping for a 40s PR but the two big hills put it out of reach. I finished with a 37.20- about a minute off. It was pretty fun and a big race with 5400 people finishing the 5K. I was 89/435 in my age group- woot! My husband went a 44 and was 82/145 in his- so way less guys.

The post race food is the best part and we enjoyed it. They switched to disposable mugs which was good. The old plastic ones were dumb and went straight to goodwill. We haven’t run it since Covid so this may not be a super new change.

Attachments

• IMG_3948.jpeg
    IMG_3948.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3947.jpeg
    IMG_3947.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3943.jpeg
    IMG_3943.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3931.jpeg
    IMG_3931.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You know what is worse than teaching first grade all day on December 22.… when it rains all day and you get no recess! But I survived!

My weekly runs were good. Still too short so I’m looking forward to fixing that with these weeks off of school. I did 8 today. At mile 7 I was like dang I feel good. At mile 7.25 I was like everything hurts and I’m dying. Haha! My normal toe aches got way worse and I probably compensated for it and now my right calf is killing me. Hopefully it’s just tight and not a real problem. The weather was amazing- 48 and cloudy. I was thinking if this is how it is race day- that’d be great!

Merry Christmas everyone!

We are in Colorado and last night I took my kids snow tubing. Being a fun mom, I say I’ll go down one time. Crashed into the ski shack stairs and trash can, scraped my face, huge bruise on my shin and I twisted my back and can hardly walk. Today is better than yesterday but I’m concerned. I’m supposed to do my long run when we get home on the 1st. I’m already worried my long runs aren’t enough and that I’m scheduled to do one a week out when it seems like “everyone” is doing a two week taper. I also didn’t realize there was no snow So I totally could have run here. Oh well, it’s all too late now. But I’m hoping I’m okay to run on the 1st.

Good news! I rested the next day while my husband took the kids skiing. They had never done it before, just taking lessons the prior day but they both took to it and loved it. Small hill but still! Then we went to see Wonka in the evening. My back felt so much better. Yesterday we took the Durango Silverton train for a scenic ride. I was worried about the jostling but it was mostly fine.

Then this morning it twinged a few times. I was like noooooo! But we drove home and I decided to do my 9 mile- or at least try. I planned 3x3 Mile loops in case I needed to cut it short. I wanted to about 64 times but I kept going.

I forgot my watch and am still in a fight with Map My Run but when I mapped it out later it was about 9.3! Woot!! It took right on 2 hours so a bit over 13mm I figure. And my back felt fine. I did get a small blister on my big toe so I’ll take that as a reminder to use body glide.

Went for a short run tonight. I tried out my yellow “Daisy” paints again. Again I was so hot. I was brutally uncomfortable 2 miles in. It was 61 when I went by the school. This is for the 10K so I’m expecting temps in the mid 40s. I’m just not sure what to do. I’ll bring them either way, but trying something different my next run. My Daisy bound may turn into a purple shirt haha!

Ugh! My back is giving me issues 😭 I tried a couple short runs this week. Today I gave up at about 3 miles and just walked home. I’m worried… not sure if a massage or chiropractor or what would help. Or if just rest it till DL and hope for the best. I’m supposed to do 10 on Sunday….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter