Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

well, it's been a while since i visited this thread but could not resist the leota crossbody. what does everyone think of this one? i got it on the app with my ap discount so that was nice : ) also saw a tink bag there but resisted. i think i have probably missed a few but they are coming out so fast and furiously i could not keep up so took a break. would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the ones that have come out lately : )

Hello! New here. I signed up because you all seem very knowledgeable about the Disney Dooneys. I recently bought my first. I got the sketch crossbody (canvas). I went all over the park to pick the best placement and I LOVE my bag, but I wore it 1 time and it ended up with black dye transfer all over the back! I have tried just about everything to try to clean it and none of the dye has faded a bit.

This is depressing me so much because this is probably the most expensive bag I own, I found the placement I wanted, and I really want the bag. However I would not keep it with how it looks right now, plus I don't want to worry about it every time I wear it. When searching online everyone seems so happy with them so I'm not sure what happened! Since I've only owned it 2 weeks I'm going to try to return to World of Disney. Tempted to exchange but I would worry that it would just happen again.

So is this unusual? Anyone else experienced dye transfer this bad? Anyone have any success returning a used Dooney to Disney within 30 days?

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9DNZBzRZyrMbEJOcW5YQTlOVGc/view?usp=sharing
color transfer is a problem with light colored bags in general, not just dooneys. even very very expensive designer bags are vulnerable ( ie lv damier azur) as are patent leather bags. it's not so much an issue with the bag as an issue with the dyes in the clothing. sadly your bag has quite a lot of color transfer. i have never had much luck in trying to remove color transfer but have heard of people on purse forums trying alcohol-free baby wipes and also very lightly and carefully trying magic erasers. again, this is for the coated canvas, and not the nylon bags. the magic erasers are tricky though because they can be abrasive and could damage a bag so i would be very careful in trying that out in a small inconspicuous place, very lightly. best of luck.

well, it's been a while since i visited this thread but could not resist the leota crossbody. what does everyone think of this one? i got it on the app with my ap discount so that was nice : ) also saw a tink bag there but resisted. i think i have probably missed a few but they are coming out so fast and furiously i could not keep up so took a break. would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the ones that have come out lately : )

I LOVE my Disney Dooney's but have started to concentrate on special edition ones (anniversary, wine and food, dvc) rather than the tink or haunted mansion versions. I get loads of compliments on my bags but like you kinda took a break as it seems almost every month a new pattern comes out. I have seen the new pattern for wine and food and love and hope that a pattern will come out for the Epcot anniversary in the fall.

I LOVE my Disney Dooney's but have started to concentrate on special edition ones (anniversary, wine and food, dvc) rather than the tink or haunted mansion versions. I get loads of compliments on my bags but like you kinda took a break as it seems almost every month a new pattern comes out. I have seen the new pattern for wine and food and love and hope that a pattern will come out for the Epcot anniversary in the fall.
just checked out the food and wine bags, they look really nice. hadn't thought about the epcot anniversary but that should be interesting. i am a sucker for the haunted mansion theme but on my last trip this past spring for 2017 flower and garden i carried the 2016 flower and garden crossbody ( the teal one) and i had literally dozens of people ask me about it. i think that one is my favorite. hubby was so funny, he couldn't believe how many people commented and by the end of the trip he informed me that that bag is by far the best looking of my disney dooneys, lol : ) i am looking forward to receiving the purple leota one tho : ) after that, time for another little break : )

Wake up dooney fans ! As of this morning...shop Disney parks app had.....the Epcot food and wine bags !!!! Three patterns are offered (one being a passholder only print) and the app does give me a dvc discount along with free shipping and no tax. Only downside on the print I ordered was placement which if I don't really like can send back and wait until our trip in early Oct to buy in person.

Wake up dooney fans ! As of this morning...shop Disney parks app had.....the Epcot food and wine bags !!!! Three patterns are offered (one being a passholder only print) and the app does give me a dvc discount along with free shipping and no tax. Only downside on the print I ordered was placement which if I don't really like can send back and wait until our trip in early Oct to buy in person.
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up with a small satchel.

I don't think I saw the pass holder pattern though. What does it look like?

Thank you.

Nope, that one didn't show up in the app for me. It's okay though, I think the small satchel will be just fine.

It has disappeared from the app....strange as I know it was there this morning. Maybe all they had allocated to online was gone?

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up with a small satchel.
Can you post a picture when you get the small satchel? It's hard to tell the size. And it seems to have only a shoulder strap, not the usual 2 short straps.

I wish Disney would post pictures of their bags on a person, or even a mannequin, like Coach does.

Does anyone know if the DVC bags are available at the parks? Thanks!
I believe the DVC Anniversary bags are long gone. They sell out within a day every time they put them online. I don't think they ever made it to the parks.

Got my food and wine dooney and tried to upload actual pics but kept getting error message "photo too large for server to process"

Happy with placement and did save a little money but not having to pay tax on addition to free shipping and my dvc discount.

A new dooney spotted on shop parks app....Bambi! Three styles...tote, pouchette and crossbody with pattern similar on pouchette and cross body and tote has a bigger Bambi and thumper print. Very cute....didn't buy it....yet....:rolleyes1

A new dooney spotted on shop parks app....Bambi! Three styles...tote, pouchette and crossbody with pattern similar on pouchette and cross body and tote has a bigger Bambi and thumper print. Very cute....didn't buy it....yet....:rolleyes1

Aww, I think the one with the tassels is so cute!

Hello, is the Disney cat collection available at Disney world?

Sorry you didn't get an answer on this sooner but we just got back from Disney world and I did not see the cat collection at any location.

There were plenty of food and wine bags , the new Snow White and the new Mickey ears bags (also available on the shop parks app) I am awaiting the "dog" bag release in November.:)

Today I am thinning out my collection and getting ready to auction as there are some I am not attached too and some I won't part with (aulani!)

Sorry you didn't get an answer on this sooner but we just got back from Disney world and I did not see the cat collection at any location.

There were plenty of food and wine bags , the new Snow White and the new Mickey ears bags (also available on the shop parks app) I am awaiting the "dog" bag release in November.:)

Today I am thinning out my collection and getting ready to auction as there are some I am not attached too and some I won't part with (aulani!)

Thank you Gryhndmom. Good luck getting one of the dog bags!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!