Doors at SSR??

momsgoofy

<br><font color=blue>Hello! My name is Laura and I
Okay, just need to know if the doors at SSR are metal or wooden? I'm aksing because since we'll be there at Christmas I have a small wreath to take along and need to know how I can hang it from the door. I've been thinking about using those 3M hangers which are removable without leaving any residue or just a simple suction cup hanger. Any ideas, info or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

The 3M hanger or suction cup would be a good idea regardless what the door is made of- but they are metal (so otherwise you'd probably need metal screws or magnets).

Enjoy! :)

One issue - aren't the doors at SSR sort of textured, not just flat? If so, suction cups won't work. I honestly can't remember if the doors are textured or not (hangs head in DIS DVC shame....)

DrTomorrow said:
One issue - aren't the doors at SSR sort of textured, not just flat? If so, suction cups won't work. I honestly can't remember if the doors are textured or not (hangs head in DIS DVC shame....)
I think you are right about them being textured.

Thanks ya'll...looks like the 3M hangers might be the best option, besides I can pick up a couple of those at the dollar store. Now, I just have to decide if I'm gonna use the Home Depot Mickey heads on the wreath or more traditional with poinsettas...hum?

Thanks again!

Ok, geek that I am I just opened the door here at SSR and checked. My door is a peach colour with what I assume you mean 'texture' - ie it has four rectangles in it...

I'd get out a measuring tape or rule if I had one to check out the size of the rectangesl, but I don't have one in my laptop bag! :teeth:

bavaria said:
Ok, geek that I am I just opened the door here at SSR and checked. My door is a peach colour with what I assume you mean 'texture' - ie it has four rectangles in it...

I'd get out a measuring tape or rule if I had one to check out the size of the rectangesl, but I don't have one in my laptop bag! :teeth:

Thanks! I'm hoping to be able to hang a small wreath, about 12 inches in diameter, on the door.

Hope you are having a great time! I can't wait to see home for the first time in December....

Sadly, I am packing to leave 'home' to go back to work... a nice little 4 day trip, highly recommend SSR.

I'll post some comments later this week about my stay - can't pull myself away from this fabulous view.....

BUT I did just make reservations yesterday to return in December, so if all goes well with the work schedule I'll be back to enjoy it soon!

bavaria said:
Sadly, I am packing to leave 'home' to go back to work... a nice little 4 day trip, highly recommend SSR.

I'll post some comments later this week about my stay - can't pull myself away from this fabulous view.....

BUT I did just make reservations yesterday to return in December, so if all goes well with the work schedule I'll be back to enjoy it soon!

Well, if you make it back in December then we might see ya there...we're at SSR 12/18 - 12/25...yeah!!! :cool1:

What about a small over the door wreath hanger? They come in different sizes and will definately hold the wreath. I have about 4 wreaths on different doors in my house on different hangers and they work great!!

Amanda

zoomsharedisney said:
What about a small over the door wreath hanger? They come in different sizes and will definately hold the wreath. I have about 4 wreaths on different doors in my house on different hangers and they work great!!

Amanda

Yes!!! I think I even saw them at the dollar store...they aren't even that pricey at Walmart...

DUH! Why didn't I think of it...because I actually attached the wreath hanger on my Christmas wreath permanently...

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter