Dopey 2020.....

How is Dopey training going for everyone?
What about your b2b2b2b?

Training is going well. It’s actually for Space Coast, then I’ll bridge it over to Dopey. No b2b2b2b here, though. I’ve never found a physical need for them and they strike me as an unnecessary risk of overtraining and injury. Just give me a standard Marathon training plan and let me roll.

pretty poor for me.. just ran virtual nyc marathon in houston but in worse shape and time then myast dopey. my surgery excuse is no longer working and the weight gain has killed me... hoping just to survive at this point and go home with awesome medals

Not going well for me either. In July I started having severe pain in my right hip while running and was diagnosed with an FAI and complex labral tear. It sucks, but it (hopefully) won’t keep me from completing my 3rd Dopey. It has changed how I’m training though since I’m now walking. The good news is at least I don’t have any pain while walking. My plan is much like @Z-Knight survive and go home with awesome medals.

pretty poor for me.. just ran virtual nyc marathon in houston but in worse shape and time then myast dopey. my surgery excuse is no longer working and the weight gain has killed me... hoping just to survive at this point and go home with awesome medals

You've got two months before Dopey. Plenty of time to build a solid base and get back on track.

What about your b2b2b2b?
It’s going pretty good. I need more b2b runs, but I did 3 miles yesterday and 13.6 today and I still feel pretty good, so I’m hopeful. Considering that my longest training run for this year’s marathon was 11 miles, I feel ahead of the game.

Training is going good!! Getting all of my runs in that are on my training plan! Counting down the days and trying to stay healthy!

just making sure this thread doesn't get buried
:thumbsup2 I forgot we had this thread!

What about your b2b2b2b?
It's going... the heat has FINALLY relented a bit in FL, so I'm hopeful that the b2b2b weekends will soon stop feeling like a death march through the Amazon. I've got a 3/8/16 coming up this weekend and am seeing forecast lows in the 60s... progress!

Training was going well. I've recently injured my ankle and began physio. I'll still be able to complete Dopey and do my work up but its at a much slower pace. Taking it day by day and listening to my body. Not the ideal outcome but I'm not giving up!

What about your b2b2b2b?
I am exactly halfway through my training plan (Higdon-Dopey) and have not missed a run yet. I did 4, 7, 17 last weekend with bigger b2b2b2b's on the way.

I will be in Disney this weekend for a long weekend (wife gets Veterans day off). Knowing we had this trip, I started my training a week early and added this week as a "buffer" because I didn't want to deal with a 17 mile run while on vacation. I have been just doing shorter "maintenance" runs this week and I will pick the plan back up next week.

Training is going ok I guess. I did 17 miles on Sunday and the last two miles were awful and have me questioning my ability to go 26.2. Bought new inserts today and hoping that was the issue. I just want to finish so no time goal.

My daughters college XC season is coming to an end soon. That has been her best training so far however a friend of hers just agreed to run a local marathon with her later in the spring. They are training for that together.

Being 18, her training isn't always as it should be. It didn't help that of her two previous marathon she trained for one and not the other (benefit of being a teen I guess) but finished both in the exact same time ...down to the second. So that didn't teach her a thing. If i didn't know her I'd say she planned it that way but it just happened, lol.

I know for Dopey since this is her first time running it her goal is to just finish. She doesn't really have a time in mind for any of the events.

This is our first and only dopey because damn it's expensive and I was so disappointed in the medals, so glad I wasn't the only one as everyone else seemed to like them!

Training is going ok, I guess for us. We are following the gallaway plan but instead of doing run walking, we're doing what I find easier which is running till it gets to much normally mile 8/10 then adding in the walk breaks. We did a 16 miler last weekend and I walked up all the hills at the beginning (there was a lot!) and I'd never felt so good. Prior to that I've only done a half during a race so I was excited.

20 miles this weekend and kinda scared and excited at the same time. First b2b2b2b is on the 1st Dec ekkkkk, should we be getting up at race times for this??? The plan doesn't say.

Is anyone else here from a cold climate at this time of year? I'm finding it hard to get the motivation to actually get my bum out and that motivation gets worse when the alternative is a treadmill. I'm hoping to get my bum into gear next week and force myself out as the Dopey is such a challenge.

Anyone who has done it previously what are you doing between races???

Going great (knock on wood), actually my plan is slightly more frequent long runs than the Galloway. Almost three weeks ago was 7/17 then W&D last weekend and the weekend after this one brings 8/20. My first b2b2b2b will actually be over Thanksgiving so it may be tough to get motivated but will certainly burn off the excess dinner

Is anyone else here from a cold climate at this time of year? I'm finding it hard to get the motivation to actually get my bum out and that motivation gets worse when the alternative is a treadmill. I'm hoping to get my bum into gear next week and force myself out as the Dopey is such a challenge.

New England, yuck. Love the seasons, or at least three of them. I find the cold isn’t as bad as now it’s cold and dark. I just want to sit in front of the wood stove, especially once the snow is on the ground. That being said I force myself onto the treadmill to keep my habit on my shorter weekday runs and dress for whatever the weekend long runs may be. I figure it’s good training to run in any weather just in case, and I kind of like the neighbors thinking I’m crazy.

I'm certain my neighbours already think I've gone off my rocker :)

My first half somehow managed to end up being in torrential rain and flash flooding, so running any weather is worth it. Just need the motivation to get me out!

Training is going ok, I guess for us. We are following the gallaway plan but instead of doing run walking, we're doing what I find easier which is running till it gets to much normally mile 8/10 then adding in the walk breaks. We did a 16 miler last weekend and I walked up all the hills at the beginning (there was a lot!) and I'd never felt so good. Prior to that I've only done a half during a race so I was excited.

20 miles this weekend and kinda scared and excited at the same time. First b2b2b2b is on the 1st Dec ekkkkk, should we be getting up at race times for this??? The plan doesn't say.

Just keep in mind that the Galloway plan was written for run/walking (and primarily at +2 min slower than current fitness Marathon Tempo pace). And those walk days, like this weekend's 8.5 miler also help keep the training load in order. Doing more (either at a faster pace or using continuous running) is going to increase the difficulty of the plan tremendously. So it's just something to keep in mind as you continue to progress into the really hard portion of the training plan.

I did get up early for my first Dopey and practice running at the same time of day. I found that it wasn't necessary to do that in years 2-5 of completing Dopey. Save the actual sleep deprivation for race day and just try and get good training in during these last 9 weeks.

:wave2: Wisconsin here. Having some nice winter running clothes is really helpful. Takes the edge off the cold and makes the running tolerable. Additionally, I've got a Noxgear Tracer360 for dark running (plus I added my own chest light for my own visibility). Just know that all those miles will pay off on race day and make the event easier then if you were to skip them.

Anyone who has done it previously what are you doing between races???

I've done it five times prior. I usually head back to the hotel, get cleaned up, and then we're out for a mostly normal park day. It's a family vacation for us and my wife expects 99% attendance at everything as running is not the sole reason we're there. I keep lots of water handy, wear a pair of compression calf sleeves (Zensah), and try to get to bed around 6:30-7:30pm most nights. On the surface it may seem counterintuitive, but continuing to move throughout the day helps the recovery process from each event and makes the feeling of soreness easier to deal with for the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!