double or single stroller?

Most people aren’t walking 10-12 miles a day for 5-10 days 7am-10pm at a mall like they do at disney world.
Yes, exactly. We literally do not use a stroller anywhere but Disney. Not the mall, zoo, museums, etc. My kids have no problem walking and experiencing life, lol.

And when I went to Disney at age 8 I doubt we took a stroller. I don’t remember, but I highly doubt it. But guess what? Disney has changed and grown since then. It’s so much bigger and busier. It’s vacation. We all want to enjoy ourselves and if letting an 8 year old sit in a stroller at the end of the day helps, then I’m fine with it.

It's probably going to be harder to push a double because of the weight imbalance if they second seat is empty or filled with something that does not come close to the weight of a child.

Hi, how old were your kids? I just did a search for advice on this topic. I have a city mini single and double. When I was there last with my 3.5 year old, the single city mini was great except I hated how big it was when folded on the buses at night. Now we will be going with my son who will be 6.5 and my newest addition who will be 2. I feel like the double will be needed bc my current 5.5 year old needs to rest his legs after a day trip to the mall! My husband and I also like to do rope-drop to close with a break in between, we often walk out with our little one sleeping in the stroller. It’s just the folding and carrying of the double city mini that’s stressing me out!
I’m wondering how old your oldest is. I ask because we just came back and I had opted for a single because my oldest never uses the stroller anymore and I assumed she would be walking the majority of the day. I was very wrong. For the amount of miles you walk in Disney she needed to ride
In the stroller significantly more than I planned. Also, when she was walking and we needed to get somewhere fast, well we weren’t getting there very fast at all. In the chaos of all the people going a million different directions we ended up putting her in the stroller a lot and carrying the youngest. I regretted the single in our circumstance, but you know your kids best!

Have a great trip!

We have always got a double stroller rental at Disney. My kids are getting older now and really we only need a single stroller for our youngest. Im just wondering if we should get the double, just for storage room for things like water souvenirs? I just think a single would be easier to maneuver, but I don't want to regret not having the extra storage room. Thanks
I always did double. Easy if older wants a ride to. Depends on their age.

This is exactly how a post convinces me to bring the double! 🙂
I’m taking a double even though my oldest is 6. We walk 11 miles a day at Disney and maybe 1 or 2 days would be ok but not 7 days straight. Last year he napped in it once or twice. He can sit even if his little sister naps. It also prevented crankiness by giving him time to rest. They weren’t arguing over who gets to sit in the stroller. I don’t have to deal with a child telling me his feet hurt and walking too slow.

20190429_164802a.jpg
we rented a stroller with no regrets. 8yrs old & 9 yrs olds. Really debated. My kids have been out of strollers for a few years. We used it probably less than half of our trip. We brought it to the park 5 times or so. With and without the car. On those days that you know are gonna be long it worked perfectly. Night time shows you know where they are and cant lose them in the crowd.
DSC_2608.JPG A little awkward on trolley. But we dont regret renting ours.
Everyone has differing philosophies.

Attachments

• 20190429_164802a.jpg
    20190429_164802a.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi, how old were your kids? I just did a search for advice on this topic. I have a city mini single and double. When I was there last with my 3.5 year old, the single city mini was great except I hated how big it was when folded on the buses at night. Now we will be going with my son who will be 6.5 and my newest addition who will be 2. I feel like the double will be needed bc my current 5.5 year old needs to rest his legs after a day trip to the mall! My husband and I also like to do rope-drop to close with a break in between, we often walk out with our little one sleeping in the stroller. It’s just the folding and carrying of the double city mini that’s stressing me out!
Yes, the folding and carrying is a pain. Honestly, my husband is in charge of that part. Our routine is that when we get to the bus stop, kids get out and stay with me. My H folds and carries the stroller onto the bus. When our youngest was a toddler it could be tricky. If he was asleep in the stroller I would I have to then carry him, but it was worth it.

I’d say, if it is just for extra storage, go with the single. If you think your next youngest will want to ride then go with the double. My two are 3 and 6, and if we were getting no stroller, my 6 yo could walk. But I know once she sees the stroller, she is going to want to go in, there will be inevitable arguments, etc. As well-behaved as my girls are, im taking no chances in long days, August heat, and crowds that may throw them off of expected behaviors!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter