Double stroller as wheelchair?

katie26

Mouseketeer
Hello all:

We are planning a Disney trip for November - it will be our first trip as a family of four. My 3 year old son has ASD and I was hoping to get a “stroller as wheelchair” tag because he often gets overstimulated in crowds and lines, and a stroller with the sun visor down gives him a bit of a break. But we will also have my 18 month old (so far typically developing) daughter and were planning to rent a double city mini stroller. We could get two singles if needed but it would be much easier to just have one double, I think.

Will Disney give a “stroller as wheelchair” pass to a double stroller?
If so, will the stroller fit through the lines?

Thanks!

Hello all:

We are planning a Disney trip for November - it will be our first trip as a family of four. My 3 year old son has ASD and I was hoping to get a “stroller as wheelchair” tag because he often gets overstimulated in crowds and lines, and a stroller with the sun visor down gives him a bit of a break. But we will also have my 18 month old (so far typically developing) daughter and were planning to rent a double city mini stroller. We could get two singles if needed but it would be much easier to just have one double, I think.

Will Disney give a “stroller as wheelchair” pass to a double stroller?
If so, will the stroller fit through the lines?

Thanks!
They should tag it for you. I've never heard of them refusing because it is a double stroller.

It should fit in the queues, but it might be tight. Also, what will you do for the attractions where the 3 year old can ride, but the 18 month old can't? How tall is your 3 year old?

Do you plan on splitting up at all? When we went when the kids were little, we split up a lot - nap time for one never lined up with nap time with the other. Or when one napped and the other didn't, one could go on rides. You can't do that with a double stroller if you are using it as a wheelchair.

They should tag it for you. I've never heard of them refusing because it is a double stroller.

It should fit in the queues, but it might be tight. Also, what will you do for the attractions where the 3 year old can ride, but the 18 month old can't? How tall is your 3 year old?

Do you plan on splitting up at all? When we went when the kids were little, we split up a lot - nap time for one never lined up with nap time with the other. Or when one napped and the other didn't, one could go on rides. You can't do that with a double stroller if you are using it as a wheelchair.

Thanks! I think he’s 38 or 39” now - we were planning on bringing a Kinderpack to wear one of them when we had to split up, but I think we will mostly stick to rides we can all do. (And maybe take turns going on grownup rides if we can get the kids to nap in the stroller.)

Thanks! I think he’s 38 or 39” now - we were planning on bringing a Kinderpack to wear one of them when we had to split up, but I think we will mostly stick to rides we can all do. (And maybe take turns going on grownup rides if we can get the kids to nap in the stroller.)
I have seen doubles with the stroller as a wheelchair tag but the hard part was where one child could ride but other too short and only the taller one allowed in line. this happens more with older kids but could affect you also

My friend has her double stroller tagged at Disneyland as a wheelchair. They have it tagged for the parents who both have very bad back issues (and one has a shoulder issue), so neither can carry for long periods of time. When we go on something the younger one still can't ride (counting down to him getting the magical 40 inches), we leave the stroller with whoever is staying with him, and then make the older one walk. We also try to then fastpass (or Maxpass) those rides to avoid it being a super long wait without the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!