Downgraded from 5B to 6A

DisneyPrincess

Mouseketeer
Will I regret it??
On the Magic 9-night Mediterranean cruise this summer.
Saved $1800...both were guarantee rooms so I don’t know which stateroom yet.
Tell me I didn’t make a mistake 😂

You did not make a mistake. I prefer being at the ends of the ship rather than in the middle, as the hallways are quieter and the nearby elevators are less crowded. Of course, with a Guarantee room, you could end up in a Category 5 anyhow, at a lower price than if you'd originally booked it.

You did not make a mistake. I prefer being at the ends of the ship rather than in the middle, as the hallways are quieter and the nearby elevators are less crowded. Of course, with a Guarantee room, you could end up in a Category 5 anyhow, at a lower price than if you'd originally booked it.

Very true...that’s what my husband said 😉
I think I’m ok either way. As long as I can go outside, I’ll be ok.

I've never stayed in either category but I've never regretted the times I've had an inside cabin to save money to spend on Port Adventures. Larger rooms are nice, but if it's that or an awesome port adventure, I'm down grading my room every time.

We have always prioritized the clear plexiglass of Cat 5 over the white walls of Cat 6. But for $1800??? You made the smart choice! I've never seen that difference in price on any of the cruises we've taken. Good for you, and enjoy your cruise. Put that savings to good use on excursions, on board experiences, another vacation - or just your life. :goodvibes

I'm new to the cruise area but the difference in the rooms doesn't appear much to me. One doesn't look $1800 better than the other so yes, take that $ and have fun! :D

We took the 8 night Med cruise last year. We had an inside cabin - GTY was for a second deck - ended up getting the 7th deck AFT. I don't remember the categories - but we were very happy where we were placed. It was only 2 floors up to Cabanas - so convenient.

And we were NEVER in the room lol. We went on port excursions every port - and on sea days - we were pool side or roaming the ship.

Take the $1800 and ENJOY!!!!! :)

I had an inside room on the Med and didn't regret it one bit. You're rarely in your room - very port intensive - not like the Caribbean at all. I think an expensive room is a waste on the Med cruises, honestly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter