• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downs syndome

garydeb

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going to WDW with my husband's co-worker in Jan. His co-worker has a child with severe downs syndome. The child is 10yrs but is like a 2yr old. The child has problems with being crowded and people touching him. Is there anyway to get them a GAC card??? We had to talk them into coming to WDW with us and I'm trying to make this an enjoyable trip for their other two children also.
Thanks for all your help...
Debbie

If you go to the disABILITIES FAQs thread, the last post on that thread has a summary about GACs (Guest Assistance Cards).
They just need to be able to explain his needs to the CMs at Guest Services (not all people with Down Syndrome have the same needs, so in order to give the accomidations he needs, the CMs need to know what his needs are).
Depending on when you are going in January, you may or may not find it busy. We have been to WDW in February and have literally been ion areass where we did not see anyone waiting in lines at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter