Downtown Disney Busses

ColdNorway

Mouseketeer
My friend and I are comming to Disney world in May.
My friend use a weelchair and i wonder if anyone on this fantastic board know if the DTD Hotel busses(downtown Disney) have ramps on them so a weelchair can get inn. This is the Privat busses who says Downtown Disney Willage on them. They are not operated by Disney. We are staying at BestWestern.
We also stayed there in 1998, and then the DTD busses had ramps, but when i was there in 2002/2004 (without my friend) i noticed that there was new busses, and i did not notice any handicap signs.
I know we can walk down to DTD and take the Disney Busses from there, but it is better if we don`t have to, because they use to stop at hotels(All Stars) and we must transfer from MK.

Thank for all the great info over the years.
Roger.

The busses at DTD only go to the Disney resort. They don't go to the parks so you would have to go to the resort get off the bus and get on another for the parks.

It's an iffy service... they have two types of buses, the VanHool coaches, and the new cheap shuttle buses that they got last year. The VanHools are not accessible. The new shuttle buses DO have lifts in the rear door. Fleetwood (the company that operates them) also has a van or two that can handle wheelchairs.

One word of caution... I saw two guests both using scooters board one of thier buses... the driver brought down the lift, and raised them both into the bus, but negleted to strap the scooters into the bus. Instead, the guests just sat in the scooter, in the middle of the aise, not secured down at all. If this happens to your friend, make sure that you insist they strap the wheelchair down, or transfer to a regular seat.

The DTD buses are not run by Disney. If you are going to MK they only go to the TTC and not the bus stops right at the MK entrance. Similarly if going to the Studio they park with the charters and shuttles and not up front with the other Disney buses. I'm not sure about AK or EC, or if they go to the water parks.

Thanks to our all, spesialy driver Chip `n Dale Exspress for knowing everything about busses in the World. We know that many people don`t like the DTD hotel busses, no one knows wen they leave,and they are always pretty full. We are use to manege transportasion in a lot worse please. But they run 2 times every hrs to every park(that`s 8 busses every hrs). They have a timetable to,but you can NOT follow that one. For us there is not a big problem that they park at the charter buss parking lot. At the MK they stop at TTL, but we like the boat ride over the lake.
So we hope that they have many of the new busses with lifts (we will ask one of the drivers), or in "worst" case we take the Disney bus and transfer.That will take us about 1Hr extra but hay;we`re on holiday.(And the service on the Disney operated bus are so mutch better, and joyable).

Roger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter