Downtown Disney Resorts - Which One?

vazeer

Earning My Ears
Can anyone recommend which resort to stay in Downtown Disney ? I narrowed my choice to Marriot Courtyard and Doubletree Suites - travelling with family. Thanks

We stayed at the Courtyard and it was ok. It is not like the normal Courtyard, origanally it was a Howard Johnsons. The Doubletree has also changed hands a few times. But I didnt think it was that great either. What are you looking for? Price? Party#? Pkg? We might be able to give you some better suggestions.

Vazeer
We stayed at the CY by Marriott in DD. We liked it. We had a tower room that overlooked DD. The room was large with two queen beds and a queen sofa sleeper. The staff was friendly and helpful and the transportation was great to the parks. We drove to Orlando, but parked the car and didn't have to drive for aweek. The hotel is not super fancy, but it is nice. The Wyndam Palace DD also looked nice.

We're a party of 4 people - 3 adults and a child. What I was basically looking for was something in the mid-range : $75 or above which has nice rooms and ambience. I looked at the two I mentioned above : Doubletree and Courtyard and also looked at Hilton and Royal Plaza - and wasn't sure which one to go for since they all had basically the same rates. One more thing : Are those queen sized sleeper sofas in the suites big enough for two averaged-sized people ? In that case I woudn't have to book that extra room and shell out all that cash. Thanks for your help.

We stayed at Hawthorn Suites in July, about three miles from downtown disney in LBV. Had suite with two doubles and sleeper couch in living room, stove micro and fridge. Paid $89 night through hotelkingdom.com Also had free breakfast (same every day) beer and wine and snacks at night. I also used BBQ by pool and had my own cookout! It was nice. We went to downtown disney every night. Marriot Village is nice, have to pay resort fee though.

Going Dec 26 We booked Marriot world center (resort) at $50 night. There is website to get aquainted with priceline so don't fool around unless you know how to. Good luck

$75 dollars a night in Orlando will get you quite a bit of room right now. I'd check around and look at some pics of hotels on their own websites and don't be afraid to call.
Since this site is advertising many suites for $59 you should definitely be able to find accomadations within your range. I also read someplace on here about private homes with 2 and 3 bedrooms for under a $100 a night.

Happy Hunting.

PS I've never known ANY sofa sleeper to be comfortable for 2 adults <hehe> JMHO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter