~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful photo of you two. Your dress is gorgeous!

I can't wait to hear all about V&A. I'm sorry you were still coughing a lot , but I hope you loved it!

Just met with a personal trainer for my “fitness assessment”. OMG he put me through the ringer. Squat presses, chest press, walking barbell lunges and both back and front squats in the squat rack. I swear he grew devil horns when I could do everything he threw at me. I thought they’d weigh me, tell me how I have too much body fat, have me do some sit-ups...you know, easy stuff! I’m looking forward to working with him. I think he will be a good match for me. I like being challenged and pushed outside my comfort levels. I start October 8th. Nothing new this close to race day!

Ouch! My legs hurt so much from yesterday’s torture session. I’m hobbling around and stairs are my nemesis.

I BET. That "fitness assessment" sounded like a killer. Haha.

I'm considering today Dopey recovery training. It's not so bad if I go up and down the stairs sideways :rotfl2:

He put me on a stair climber for a 10 minute warm up. I haven't used one in 15 years??? He stopped by after 5 minutes and asked how I was doing. I told him I hated this machine. He told me "Good. I hate running. Keep going." and walked away!

I'm considering today Dopey recovery training. It's not so bad if I go up and down the stairs sideways :rotfl2:

He put me on a stair climber for a 10 minute warm up. I haven't used one in 15 years??? He stopped by after 5 minutes and asked how I was doing. I told him I hated this machine. He told me "Good. I hate running. Keep going." and walked away!
So you're saying I should request a 1st floor room for my Dopey stay?

Hey guys. I don't cry. I will piss and moan, but I don't cry. Today I ugly cried through all of mile 2 on my run today and a good sized chunk of mile 3. I'm so tired mentally and physically. I've had it with the heat & humidity. I shorted Tuesday's speedwork by half, skipped yesterday's run and cut today's short by 3 miles. I'm scheduled for 11 miles tomorrow and just don't know if I have it in me. Running has been my happy time, but it's not making me happy right now. I don't know if it's because I had to add four weeks onto this training plan, the weather or a combination of both.

Hey guys. I don't cry. I will piss and moan, but I don't cry. Today I ugly cried through all of mile 2 on my run today and a good sized chunk of mile 3. I'm so tired mentally and physically. I've had it with the heat & humidity. I shorted Tuesday's speedwork by half, skipped yesterday's run and cut today's short by 3 miles. I'm scheduled for 11 miles tomorrow and just don't know if I have it in me. Running has been my happy time, but it's not making me happy right now. I don't know if it's because I had to add four weeks onto this training plan, the weather or a combination of both.

I'm really sorry. You know I had my own little sad party on my journal the other day as well. I do think it's just that time of year as we approach races and training plans wind down that we are all just over it. This stupid extended heat in so much of country just adds insult to injury. :hug:

I spent one week in Florida this summer and was pretty sure I overheated to death at least 3 times a day. You're a rockstar for going out there and running in this weather.
I wish I had some good advice, but for me I just had to keep running, even when I hated it, and eventually that hatred went away. Hopefully you can find a way to keep going (even if that means some modifications) and eventually that happy time can come back.

Hugs. :hug:

I'm really sorry. You know I had my own little sad party on my journal the other day as well. I do think it's just that time of year as we approach races and training plans wind down that we are all just over it. This stupid extended heat in so much of country just adds insult to injury. :hug:

I spent one week in Florida this summer and was pretty sure I overheated to death at least 3 times a day. You're a rockstar for going out there and running in this weather.
I wish I had some good advice, but for me I just had to keep running, even when I hated it, and eventually that hatred went away. Hopefully you can find a way to keep going (even if that means some modifications) and eventually that happy time can come back.

Hugs. :hug:

Thanks! I'm going to the gym to use the treadmill tomorrow. A/C and binge watching Netflix while I zone out might help.

I don't have anything profound to say either. I will say hang in there and know that we're cheering for you.

Not to sound glib, but I read somewhere once that you know you’re going to achieve something epic if you’re working so hard in your training cycle that you cry at least once. I agree everybody goes through ups and downs in training and this always seems to be the spot where people hit a down. I’d chalk it up to the weather personally but you’ve been working through it which makes you tough as heck.

Just got back from the doctor and Walgreens. I have pneumonia. I’m on prednisone for 5 days, antibiotics for 10 and an inhaler as needed. No running for at least three days.

I woke up Saturday and knew running 11 miles wasn’t happening. I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest and I was winded just going up and down stairs. I went out for a 4.5 mile run this morning at an EA pace and was wheezing and coughing a lot. My average heart rate was 171. It’s never that high on my easy runs. I spent 81% of the run in Heart Rate Zone 5 (Garmin thing). I knew at that point I really needed to get to the doctor!

Hopefully I’ll be patched up in time for my race in 12 days. At this point I just want to finish.

Just got back from the doctor and Walgreens. I have pneumonia. I’m on prednisone for 5 days, antibiotics for 10 and an inhaler as needed. No running for at least three days.

I woke up Saturday and knew running 11 miles wasn’t happening. I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest and I was winded just going up and down stairs. I went out for a 4.5 mile run this morning at an EA pace and was wheezing and coughing a lot. My average heart rate was 171. It’s never that high on my easy runs. I spent 81% of the run in Heart Rate Zone 5 (Garmin thing). I knew at that point I really needed to get to the doctor!

Hopefully I’ll be patched up in time for my race in 12 days. At this point I just want to finish.

Glad to hear you got it checked out. Never had pneumonia before a race before, but I've been sick. Hoping it clears for you. Know that I've still been able to do some great things on race day even with a bump in the road late in training. Heal up and hoping to see you out there in time!

Wow! Feel better soon!! Rest and keep hydrated! here’s to bouncing back quickly, to crush your next race!!

Pneumonia?!?! OMG, I hope you feel better soon! I can't believe you were toughing it out with that!

I'm so glad you got checked out and now on some meds to hopefully get you all healed up! Rest and recover!!!

I have had something similar. I ran my half because I needed a proof of time for my first Disney marathon. Not fun but I finished. On a lighter note, running while on Prednisone felt awesome to me. It should knock down your inflammation in your chest right away.

Good for you for getting it checked out and listening to your body. We sometimes neglect to do that. Enjoy your rest and get better.

My dad likes to tell the story of when he ran a race with walking pneumonia. I do not recommend doing that.
Rest, heal up, and I hope you feel better soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!