Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Disneyland Question & Answers | 9/18/17

I just watched this show. Kevin mentioned that you can't tour the Dream Suite unless you book the Adventures By Disney Backstage Magic. I went on the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour last year and had a tour of the Dream Suite. So, unless things have changed, you can see the Dream Suite other ways.

I just watched this show. Kevin mentioned that you can't tour the Dream Suite unless you book the Adventures By Disney Backstage Magic. I went on the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour last year and had a tour of the Dream Suite. So, unless things have changed, you can see the Dream Suite other ways.
Walts' apartment has been hit and miss on the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour for some time now. Apparently there are some accessibility issues. At the time that segment was taped it was off of the tour.

Walts' apartment has been hit and miss on the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour for some time now. Apparently there are some accessibility issues. At the time that segment was taped it was off of the tour.
I'm confused. Are you talking about Walt's Apartment or the Dream Suite? I know Walt's Apartment hasn't been on the tour for some time. When I took the tour, we did not go into Walt's Apartment, but we went into the Dream Suite.

I'm confused. Are you talking about Walt's Apartment or the Dream Suite? I know Walt's Apartment hasn't been on the tour for some time. When I took the tour, we did not go into Walt's Apartment, but we went into the Dream Suite.
Do'h ... my bad. My brain transposed Dream Suite and Apartment.

Carry on with my apologies.

On the Disneyland board posters have reported that Walt's Apartment is back on the tour within the past few months.

I love Patricie!!!

This show was a little tough to watch because I respect the team but I kept kept interrupting them while they were talking ;) Lots of love to the team and sorry for being a Disneyland nerd.

They made the point you get a magic morning to enter Disneyland early if you stay in a Good Neighbor hotel. Getting magic morning is included with any three day or longer ticket. It has absolutely nothing to do with where you stay, it's based on your ticket. You can sleep in a gutter.

The team showed great love for DL but here another way to look at it, when it comes to considering number of days to stay. Just Disneyland Park (not including DCA) currently boasts 49 attractions, the Magic Kingdom has 42 attractions. Hollywood Studios has 11. Size is not everything.

The discounts were a little confusing. On merch it is only 10% for most annual passes (local resident passes and the standard deluxe), only those with the most expensive Sig passes get 20%. No one gets 25% discount. I winced a bit at that.

I think they (and everyone else) undersell the benefit of staying onsite. Only onsite guests get early entry to DCA on certain days of the week. All three hotels and the DVC villas combined only total 2,569 rooms. Pop Century alone has 2,880 rooms!! Imagine if the only people to get early entry to a Disney park where guests staying at Pop. And no, they don't open every ride but it usually includes big headlines like Soarin, Toy Story Mania, all of Cars Land, the new Guardians ride, California Screamin and others. This can be a HUGE benefit during busy seasons to knock out must dos.

Again, sorry for being a nerd! I hope I don't annoy the team! I was glad you showed DLR some love. :) I will be watching next week!

This show was a little tough to watch because I respect the team but I kept kept interrupting them while they were talking ;) Lots of love to the team and sorry for being a Disneyland nerd.

They made the point you get a magic morning to enter Disneyland early if you stay in a Good Neighbor hotel. Getting magic morning is included with any three day or longer ticket. It has absolutely nothing to do with where you stay, it's based on your ticket. You can sleep in a gutter.

The team showed great love for DL but here another way to look at it, when it comes to considering number of days to stay. Just Disneyland Park (not including DCA) currently boasts 49 attractions, the Magic Kingdom has 42 attractions. Hollywood Studios has 11. Size is not everything.

The discounts were a little confusing. On merch it is only 10% for most annual passes (local resident passes and the standard deluxe), only those with the most expensive Sig passes get 20%. No one gets 25% discount. I winced a bit at that.

I think they (and everyone else) undersell the benefit of staying onsite. Only onsite guests get early entry to DCA on certain days of the week. All three hotels and the DVC villas combined only total 2,569 rooms. Pop Century alone has 2,880 rooms!! Imagine if the only people to get early entry to a Disney park where guests staying at Pop. And no, they don't open every ride but it usually includes big headlines like Soarin, Toy Story Mania, all of Cars Land, the new Guardians ride, California Screamin and others. This can be a HUGE benefit during busy seasons to knock out must dos.

Again, sorry for being a nerd! I hope I don't annoy the team! I was glad you showed DLR some love. :) I will be watching next week!

I apologize if you felt any of the information we presented was inaccurate.

I went back and reviewed the show and a couple of your items I wanted to address:

1. Patricie did say that Magic Morning was available to guests who purchase a 3 day or longer ticket. She just happened to frame it in the conversation of Good Neighbor Hotels. She was pointing out that you do not have to stay at a Disney owned and operated hotel to get early entry.

2. Length of stay is subjective and we were answering that in terms of what we would recommend for a first timer or WDW veteran.

3. Patricie did say she thought she got more discount than she actually did as an annual passholder. I apologize for any confusion with that remark. Kevin and I did get 20% off with our DVC membership.

4. As far as a previous remark about the Dream Suite being part of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour I was not aware of this when we recorded. My apologies that this was not included in the show.

5. I thought we did a good job of stressing the benefits of staying at a Disney owned and operated resort. We understand and appreciate that everyone has a different travel budget and want to respect the fact that not everyone can afford onsite accommodations; this is why we included some information about the offsite hotels.

John

I believe they aalso got they dates or the dream suite mixed up. It was for the year of a million dreams not the melenium celebration. More specifically it was for the second year of a million dreams because people complained about not having a say in the park like the Cinderella castle suite in the magic kingdom.

I believe they aalso got they dates or the dream suite mixed up. It was for the year of a million dreams not the melenium celebration. More specifically it was for the second year of a million dreams because people complained about not having a say in the park like the Cinderella castle suite in the magic kingdom.

Yeah I was yelling at that one too! LOL! In the early 2000's they were still using that space up on the balcony for Fantasmic dessert parties and the Disney Gallery was an ACTUAL Art gallery that everyone could go into. I went in there numerous times and attended the dessert party as well.

The other minor mistakes have been addressed.

Patrice is awesome, by the way! Who is she? An agent? Or just a listener that you recruited for the show? I loved her enthusiasm and feel just like her (we live about 15 minutes away and also go at least every other weekend.) She could bring some much needed personality to the West Coast Dis team, for what it's worth...(although the new guy is definitely a breath of fresh air!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter